Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone used the "Oxford Tube" or bus as the rest of us would call it?
  • Alex

Need to get a train or a bus from Oxford to London. Train I’ve done far too many times so was considering giving the coach a go. It’s cheap, it has wifi and it does deposit you at Paddington or Reading West as I think of it nowadays.

Horror stories, or otherwise much appreciated.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Oxford Tube is great, so is the X90. Both go from the same stops in Oxford, but take slightly different routes in London. Tube stops at Notting Hill, X90 at Baker St – both stop at Hillingdon, Marble Arch, Victoria.
    Some say the X90 is more comfortable – tbh I just get whichever turns up first.
    Edited to say I always go to Victoria – hence the lack of knowledge about all the stops before that!

Edit 2: You can also use them to get off at Lewknor turn, have a good ride in the Chilterns, then hop back on to Oxford. Probably not one to do in the depths of winter though.

matttromans
    Free Member

The Oxford Tube and X90 are fantastic. The X90 is marginally quicker due to less stops and a more direct route into London (first stop Baker Street). The Ox Tube runs more frequently late in the night/morning for late night shenanigans. It also stops at Shepard’s bush. They’re both about £15 for a day return.

Flaperon

Also used it – recommended. Free Wifi too.

Alex

Ta. So just park up on a40 park and ride and wait for the next one? Sounds like it’s worth a try.

theflatboy
    Free Member

my sister and dad both use it regularly. as far as i know it’s an excellent service. and yep, park up and wait. though you can get the bus there also.

project
    Free Member

x90 useing 18new Scania plaxton panthers, single deckers, while the Oxford tube is using Neoplan, double deckers, for better views.

Alex

It’ll be dark both ways when I get on 😉

project
    Free Member

Coaches do have lights on inside, as is required by law, when the coach or bus is carrying passengers, during the hours of darkness, or in tunnels.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the "Oxford Tube" or bus as the rest of us would call it?’ is closed to new replies.