Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone used the "Move to iOS" app?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Moving from a Nexus 5 to an iPhone 6. Want to use the Move To iOS app to move photos, contacts, messages etc over.

I only have one sim card, which I need to cut (micro to nano) to fit the iPhone. It seems I need a sim in the iPhone to be able to begin set up to get to the point where I can ask it to copy across from the Nexus. Question is – will the app/transfer process work without a sim card in the Nexus?

Cheers,
    Duane

Cougar

Can you not do it through the Google cloud rather than phone to phone? Pretty sure you can export from Google to iPhone (we did it with calendars a while back).

Duane…
    Free Member

I mean you probably can, but this app seemed like a pretty simple way to do it all in one go!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As Cougar says plan A for me would be to get all the info into the Cloud / Google / … however if you fancy giving the app a try and don’t mind paying (or it potentially harvesting your data) then go ahead. If it where me I’d want a cloud backup in any case

Duane…
    Free Member

OK, pretty sure everything is backed up (Google should have my contacts, emails, photos etc), Dropbox will also have my photos, only thing I may not have backed up is texts.

I think I will cut the sim, try the Move to iOS app, and if that fails do it all manually from the cloud.

Thanks,
    Duane

Duane…
    Free Member

Incase anyone is wondering, once I got the two phones to connect, the app worked a treat!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cool, always good to know how these things turn out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the "Move to iOS" app?’ is closed to new replies.