Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone used the Hammerschmidt two gear crankset thingy ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I test rode a bike fitted with one the other day and really liked it. I liked the function and feel of it, the idea of it, the novelty of it. But what will it be like in the middle of winter after six months of abuse ?

Do they last, can you maintain them ? These are questions not answered by short tests.

Are there any real world STW'ers who have had one for a while that can give me an honest answer – they are a lot of money and I dont like wasting it.

akira

Had mine for about six months, still works fine, easy enough to strip apart most of it and get into the internals.
    It did collect a lot of mud and running full length outers and making sure the cable has a smooth line is pretty important for winter use though but very impressed so far.

Trimix
    Free Member

I only rode it for about 30 mins, did you notice any drag ? Did you notice any difference between the biggest / smallest cog at the rear in terms of cross chain line ? How tough is the bash guard ? Is yours the AM or FR one ?

Sorry, loads of questions 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

I also notice its got a different sort of BB, is this an improvement ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the Hammerschmidt two gear crankset thingy ?’ is closed to new replies.