Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone used the Adidas terrex trail cross protect shoes?
  • alpin
    Free Member

have reluctantly bought myself a pair of 5.10 Freeriders. i like a bit of protection around my ankle.

stupidly, after having bought the 5.10 i’ve now seen the Adidas with ankle support/protection and am maybe regretting the 5.10 purchase.

unfortunately nowhere in town stocks the Adidas shoe (not even the flagship Adidas store in town), but have found them online for the same price as the Freeriders.

acjim
    Free Member

I’ve not used the Protect boots but i have the shoes (Trail SL) and they are great. They also look much cooler than the 5.10 IMO

joemmo
    Free Member

also got the regular Trailcross SL – great shoes. Grippy and don’t turn into lead weight once they are damp. I ordered direct from Adidas IIRC – couldn’t try before buying but I have other Adidas and trusted the sizing and it worked out ok. They are quite roomy at the toe compared to the same size running shoe but the fit is fine

mildbore

+1 for the non-protect version, light, comfy (I have broad feet), and better grip than 5tens. Not as weatherproof though, I use them whenever it’s not too wet

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

yes – wasn’t sure about them when they arrived as quite a bit higher than previous shoes – in use they are spot on for comfort and protection around the ankle seems excellent .

alpin
    Free Member

thanks guys. i may take a punt on a pair.

with regards to the Freeriders being more waterproof, i don’t think the canvas Freeriders are going to great at keeping out the water…. thinking now i should have gone for the EPS(?) Primaloft Freeriders that offer a bit more weather protection and then the Adidas Trail Cross Protect for the more clement weather.

and i’ve just seen the canvas Freeriders for 30€ less than what i paid instore…. grrr.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used the Adidas terrex trail cross protect shoes?’ is closed to new replies.