Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone used shimano mp66 shoes with flats?
  • DrP

Looking for some new flat shoes for the odd time I use flats (mostly spuds), and was wondering if these shoes would suffice as flat shoes (with the cleat out obviously!) every now and then?
    A bit reluctant to buy a separate pair of flat shoes as most of my riding is with SPDs, so thought these would kill 2 birds etc!

Cheers,

DrP

Andy

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Size 44 by any chance? I'll go for a spin round the block on the bmx tomorrow with them on and report back.

DrP

Rusty – why the chuff didn't I just ask you???!!!

Mental!
    Cheers,

Oh andy – for that I'm gonna find those, buy them, then moan the whole way around the PdS that my tootsies hurt!

DrP

Andy

Hmmm but its so…… YOU 😯

👿

EDIT: Anyway wont bother me as will have given you the slip again by then (again 🙄 )

DrP

Given me the slip, or relied on my poor sense of direction and 'taken the lead' as I head back to the start point 😉

BTW – I think route 46 looks good (from the book)

DrP

Ewan
    Free Member

They used to make a flat pedal version of that shoe (maybe they still do?) which I have – it's been fine for a year or so.

Andy

OK will have a look at 46. Will try and drop my copy off to to PP so he can have a planning fest next week.

DrP

"Pea-Tah Poddeh"

I love saying that!

DrP

Andy

Aye its gonna be good. Hopefully van back from garage tomorrow with gearbox fixed

dizcostix
    Free Member

I tried my mp66 with flats but they just felt too weird after coming from Fivetens. the mp66s never felt like they actually gripped the pedals, just like they were sitting on top.

I'd go for flat specifics every time. Fivetens or maybe try Shimano AM40

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used shimano mp66 shoes with flats?’ is closed to new replies.