Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone used RC LiPo batteries for Lumi Halogens or similar?
  • cartwheels

As above, Any advise welcome

cartwheels

Anyone?!

si-wilson
    Free Member

I wondered about this too, having just bought an RC car 🙂

brassneck

I know a few homebuilders who have on their own LEDs, but gave me dire warnings about charging, crashing etc. The principles the same, if you’re used to looking after them and are happy with the risks then they work fine.

I’ve been erring toward 18650 protected cells and building packs from them for my own peace of mind.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve used various batteries with halogen but not li-po, but it’s the voltage that matters rather than the chemistry.

Lumicycle use 13.2v batteries for their halogens (that’s what the nimhs are rated at at least).

If your batteries are less than 13.2v they won’t run as bright – they’ll be really bad at 11.1v. You can run them at 14.8v happily enough but bulb life drops as volts increase, so 22.2v packs are out.

Milkie
    Free Member

having just bought an RC car

Ooooo.. What you got!?

Dr_UpGrade
    Free Member

Don’t forget that lipo’s if you go below their 3.0 or 3.1v per cell then they are effectively f*cked and may well go ‘pop’, not something you want on your helmet or in your bag..

Most modern RC car speedo’s have this lipo cut off built in. I guess you could add the circuitry to the DIY light,(can be bought as a separate unit too), but I guess thats what puts some folk off…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used RC LiPo batteries for Lumi Halogens or similar?’ is closed to new replies.