Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • anyone used oneup components?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

http://www.oneupcomponents.com

looks like an interesting solution – tempted to do it when I go 10 speed….

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ve had my 42 tooth on for about 10 months now and it’s doEs what it says it should. X9 rear mech, narrow/ wide chainring on the front of my 1 x 10 set up. I’ve just put an Absolute black oval snaggletooth chainring on the front..

Northwind

Think I got one of the first 42s, still going strong- brilliant product. Their radcage/radrcage is a nice addition, it’s not necessary but it makes setup much easier- basically OEM function, worth the extra IMO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Yep 42t and radcage. The cage makes it imo, the shifting without was really heavy with the tension wound up so far…

dan86
    Free Member

42t here , raceface n/w ring on front and x9 med cage clutch mech. Works brilliantly

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, running a 40t with a RSDR cage, very nice shifting indeed

toys19
    Free Member

I have just fitted the 42 and radr cage. Two rides in and it works great so far. Out of interest I wonder how this compares to the Goatlink? Which seems like a very simple solution.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have the 42 and 16 kit with an X9 mech and it all works very nicely. If I were buying now I’d think very hard about waiting for 11 speed XT instead.

hamishthecat

^^ This. My One Up 42 and Radcage work absolutely fine – but I would wait for XT 11sp if doing it now.

nuke

If I were buying now I’d think very hard about waiting for 11 speed XT instead.

^ This. My 42T and radcage work well and I’ll probably stick with it until I switch to 11 speed (so potentially couple of years+) although, unless I can get the OneUp at a decent discount, I’ll probably just get an Superstar one as a replacement when the 42T OneUp wears out

bruneep

^ this again.

When is the XT 11 likely to be available? Wondering if I can hang out until then or I may have to buy something soon.

Northwind

Shimano had 11 speed XT-equipped bikes on show at the EWS so it must be getting close

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Thanks all – looks like it’s worth doing. quite like the idea of a 1×10 set up if I can get the easy gear!

maxtorque

Like Northwind i’ve been running a 42T OneUp Dinner plate from pretty much day one, initially without the Rad cage (as it didn’t exist) and although it all worked ok when new and clean, as the drivetrain wears the shifting got sloppy. Fitting the Rad cage about 6 months later restored nice crisp, positive shifting across the cassette.

I run xx1 cranks, and i really like the fact i don’t have to take the cranks / pedals off to chain the front ring, so i keep a 28/30/32 ring in “box of bike bits to put in the car” and can pretty much change the overall ratio on a daily basis to suit whatever i’m riding (or mostly how fit i’m feeling 😉

BoomBip

Worth keeping your eye out on ebay, I picked up a new Oneup 42t sprocket and Rad cage pretty cheaply.

Agree with the above too that the 42t works well enough by itself but just works better with the Rad cage.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Slight hijack, but have any of you OneUp users still got the original cage kicking around? I’m after a medium one for an XT clutch mech, although I think there’s probably a fair bit of crossover between the models. Broke mine and running a slightly dodgy handmade replacement.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have everything that was replaced by a rad cage, it’s sat in the shed doing nothing. A cage and bolt if I remember correctly. Email me an address and I will post it to you. It was an XT mech.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Ace, I’ve emailed you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘anyone used oneup components?’ is closed to new replies.