Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone Used European Bike Express?
  • souldrummer
    Free Member

I’m thinking of going to the Pyrenees this summer for some road riding, and now that Eurostar have introduced limitations which, basically, prevent you taking a bike, I am looking to alternatives. I don’t want to trust my carbon road bike to airport handlers so the only choice seems to be the European Bikes Express. Does anyone have any experience of using them?? Or can anyone suggest other alternatives? Thanks.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Hard case? I looked into the ebx and it seemed expensive to go through the ordile of sitting on a coach.

Mackem

Ferry then French trains?

jameso

I used them many years ago for my 1st road tour. MK to Grenoble then rode to south of Provence via the cols and got EBE coach back from that area. Expensive transport option but a really convenient service, comfy, bike safety peace of mind, faff-free and got to watch Tomac vs Overend classic Norba footage on the video )

There’s quicker / cheaper ways to travel but it is a very simple way to plan a trip.

crewlie

Used it to come back from Narbonne after a tour last year. I was dreading it as it’s a long journey and I had bad memories of coach travel….But it was fine, well organised, relatively comfortable, and above all very little hassle compared to flying or train.
    The bikes were looked after well and I would have been happy to trust a good bike to the crew.
    Not the cheapest maybe but we have no regrets and would use it again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Used European Bike Express?’ is closed to new replies.