Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone used "Drive the Deal"?
  • tlr

As above really, quotes for new A6 seem excellent, about par with 2nd hand prices for 12 month old model or older,and as new models just been launched it seems to make a lot if sense.

Sounds very safe and easy, as all dealings are with the Audi dealer.

I’m just wondering if there are any downsides?

chojin
    Free Member

Unless you count saving a metric ****-tonne of money a downside?

DT78
    Free Member

Not used, but seems to have a great reputation

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think they’re one of the well established brokers. Also check out carwow (or wowcar). I got a low quote from a dodgy back bedroom broker and forwarded to a reputable broker who beat it.

rockhopper70

Only ever used it to get the best deal on a new touran. Didn’t actually buy in the end but jct600 matched their price, so a good negotiating tool at least.

rega
    Free Member

We used them about 7 years ago to buy a Renault and really good then. Tried to get the local Renault to price match. They couldn’t come near and where not happy at amount they where being undercut.

sing1etrack

I’ve used, in 2005 and 2008. Very good both times. Also Carfile, used in 2011.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just out of interest, how much cheaper are they ?

Surely a pre registered or slight second is going to be cheaper?

cheers_drive

When I checked Octavia prices on DriveANewCarForLess.com the deal prices were less than any ex demo.or nearly new ones I could find. In fact better than any 1 years olds.
    I hate haggling so the broker sites suit me.

tlr

Yep, cheaper than 1 year old cars, and you get yo spec it exactly. And as there are new engines just out in the A6 it makes some sense.

Looks like about 10-11k less than list price on the 3 litre and BiTurbo.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I used them two years ago after ‘Which’ commended them. I mostly wanted a guide price for talking with the local main dealer. I talked with the local main dealer and went to DtD. Savings vary but are worth checking.

No complaints, nothing that could be improved. Once you have the car you can go to any main dealer if there are problems.

(edit) Check DtD’s site for a criticism of some other merchants.

dantsw13

I used carwow last August for a new XC90. You put in what you want, and main dealers send you an offer. I got 12k off list price – XC90 SE for 32k. I had to travel up to Rybrook volvo in Warrington, but I booked an Advance 1st class seat on Virgin trains for £30 with free breakfast, tea/coffee and wifi.

titusrider
    Free Member

V happy user here, got about 5k off list and a dealer that wasn’t actually too far away. I had a stormer of a thread about it actually 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-new-car-for-30k/page/6

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used "Drive the Deal"?’ is closed to new replies.