Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone used Conti' Double Fighters?
  • s8tannorm
    Free Member

I'm looking for some new tyres for a bike that only really gets used on quiet lanes / forest roads. I like conti's, so I'm considering a pair of double fighters. Look like they should roll quite well and still give a little grip when needed … any thoughts?

Cheers
    Stuart

mike_p
    Free Member

They roll very well indeed but give absolutely f-all grip and are very prone to punctures. As a front tyre it's an absolute shocker!

I tried them years ago, they came off the bike and on to ebay in record time.

Surfr
    Free Member

I had a pair on a commuter for a while. They didn't inspire confidence in the wet on greasy tarmac. Not as good as other contis.

ac282

Used to use one on the back. V.quick over dry trails.

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, several years ago, I liked them a lot. Very fast, and not that bad grip for a semi-slick. Things have moved on though – I don't think DFs are the same as they were, they're now a cheaper tyre without such good compounds. Meanwhile you can now get semi-knob tyres which roll as well as those did, but with a lot more grip.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Cheers everyone … think I'll give them a miss then going off everyones experience.

Stuart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used Conti' Double Fighters?’ is closed to new replies.