Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone used CB 0 degree float cleats?
  • simon80
    Free Member

Hi,
    I tried riding on Mallet E pedals over the summer but ended up smashing myself up…
    I converted my shoes to shimano cleats and ended up using them for spinning.
    I found the no float mechanism really natural to unclip from. Which led to me discovering the CB 0 degree cleats….
    So has anyone used them and got any wisdom to dispense?..

simondbarnes

But Shimano cleats / pedals have float? (unless you mean the road ones with red cleats?)

biggee

Being a long time SPD and Flat pedal user I thought I would give some CB Mallet Race pedals a try. But I just could not get the hang of clipping out when the cranks were @ 3 o’clock (pointing towards the rear of the bike). The shoe pushes against the crank and prevents unclipping. I thought I would try the 0 degree cleats and this helped a bit but I virtually had to exert so much force trying to unclip that I was just about pulling my foot out of the shoe.
    Everywhere else (apart from when the crank was pointing directly backwards and in line with the crank) the release was buttery smooth and I really liked the extra float compared to SPD – it felt more like riding with flats…
    I just couldn’t rely on the release when I really needed it and ended up selling them.
    The 0 degree cleats felt okay, but just with less float (slightly less than SPDs)

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks, if it makes the movement smaller to unclip I’m willing to give it a go

simon80
    Free Member

Just found out that there is a long spindle kit coming out. This could be an excellent solution…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used CB 0 degree float cleats?’ is closed to new replies.