• This topic has 59 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Anyone used ao.com?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Have been let down quite badly, by John Lewis of all people, so about to order a new freezer from ao.com.

Anyone used them? If so, any good?

Cheers.

jam-bo

negative

spawnofyorkshire

yes, when they were called appliances online.
    They were very good and delivered bang on time, even bringing the tumbler into my first floor flat

Edit: Just realised that I know a few people who’ve used them and rated them as well

Jamie
    Free Member

negative

10-4 good buddy

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Yes. Can only recommend them.

They will phone you up and try to sell you insurance a few days after they deliver though.

Jamie
    Free Member

They will phone you up and try to sell you insurance a few days after they deliver though.

That’s handy, as I will be looking to extend the warranty to 5yrs, assuming it’s not too exorbitant.

thehustler
    Free Member

We ordered new integrated dishwasher and washing machine at 4.00pm on a Sun afternoon, they were delivered 10 am next day as requested/promised and we had about 3 messages keeping us informed as to how close they were, cant say anything other than they were superb!

bluebird
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve used them several times, they’re a very good company. Sensible delivery slots and they were really helpful when we had a problem with a Bosch fridge/freezer.

GrahamS

Yeah bought a couple of things off them – they’ve been very good.
    Multiple delivery slots offered at reasonable times and with text updates.

We bought a microwave the other month from them. I damaged the fascia whilst removing the pointless manufacturers stickers covering it 😳 Called them up and they sent a delivery guy to swap it for a new one without any quibbles!

GrahamS

Worth checking around for vouchers or cashback (quidco etc) offers for them by the way.

wolly
    Free Member

Would also recommend them ordered at half nine one night and it was at my door at 9am the following morning

addy6402

Yup, they are very good.

gogg
    Free Member

Delivery is excellent. Not so good on the after sales when it developed a fault, but on the whole I would use them again.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers, all. Will give them a shot.

freeagent
    Free Member

Don’t do it!

Use – Boots kitchen appliances instead.

The operation is run by AO, with exactly the same service etc, however you can use your Boots advantage card to collect points on your purchase..
    We also got a kickback from topcashback which meant we ‘saved’ almost £100 off our Rangemaster cooker last year.

AO are great by the way – just even better if you buy via boots…

edit – from Boots website –

bootskitchenappliances.com is operated by AO Retail Limited (company number 03914998). The goods you buy from this site will be purchased from AO Retail Limited. Exact product specifications & images may occasionally differ as a result of changes made by the manufacturer.

johndoh
    Free Member

Another positive here, used them at home and work and they have always been faultless (the insurance sales call excepted)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

‘Boots advantage card’ ??

Man up soldier!

Notter
    Free Member

Yep, no issues with 3 or 4 purchases so far. Good service upfront in terms of the transaction and delivery, and also good in problem resolution with a warranty case.

freeagent
    Free Member

‘Boots advantage card’ ??

Man up soldier!

was the wife’s card, obviously.
    however we got almost £70 worth of points on it.. ;o)

franksinatra

Use them. They are good value and service is superb. I posted this on my exciting washing machine thread a while ago.

Ordered from AO.com last night at 9pm, machine was in and on its first wash by lunch time today. Would have been earlier but their delivery to depot was delayed on M6 by three hours. The handling paperwork stuck on the machine shows it was loaded form the warehouse for distribution 20mins after I ordered. Pretty remarkable service considering we live is a relatively rural place as well.

I should add that they called to say they would be delayed.
    Follow up call and insurance thing wasn’t a big deal, certainly no hard selling.

andytherocketeer

wouldn’t extend the warranty (regardless of who sells the appliance). find out how much it is, pay that in to a post office savings a/c, and spend it on something else in 5 years time when the appliance is still working.

Jamie
    Free Member

and spend it on something else in 5 years time when the appliance is still working.

AO wanted £6.99 a month, which would be £250 to take the cover to 2019. So in that case, I might be inclined to agree.

However, Just spoke direct to Domestic and General, who deal with most retailers extended warranties, and cover to 2019 is £125 as a one off payment. Which seems reasonable.

drlex
    Free Member

I’ll add a +1 for price and service; also took them up on the £10 charge for uplift of the old washing machine, as CBA to try and get it out of the house, in the car & down to the tip.

johndoh
    Free Member

However, Just spoke direct to Domestic and General, who deal with most retailers extended warranties, and cover to 2019 is £125 as a one off payment. Which seems reasonable.

We had a policy with them (which we took out once the manufacturer warranty expired) on an integrated washer/drier (it’s the only thing I have ever bought a warranty on as they can be very expensive to fix and go wrong lots).

Anyway, they service from them was spot on, no issues, quickly sorted. Think I used the warranty twice then we moved out leaving the washer behind.

spawnofyorkshire

have we found an online retailer that [insert collective noun] of STW’ers actually all like?

do they sell bike frames as well?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just had a kitchen load of appliances delivered today from AO.com. So far excellent. I got a call this morning from the actual delivery driver to give me a 2hr window when he would deliver my stuff. Also when I ordered on their website I could tell them I wouldn’t be in to receive and gave them the detailes of my builder who could sign on my behalf, so I didn’t have to be there to receive. So far so good. Not sure how they compare on prices. If they’re not the cheapest out there they’re not far off.

Jamie
    Free Member

Tits. The freezer I was just about to order has just got out of stock.

This is what happens when I actually do some bloody work.

Edit: Oooo. It let me order it despite possibly being out of stock.

*crosses fingers*

Edit 2: Anyway. Can’t be worse than John Lewis. 2 guys in flip flops delivering a freezer out the back of a white van is not quite what I was expecting. Also, when the thing turns out to be faulty, the best they can do is collect and replace next Tuesday. NEXT BLOODY TUESDAY! ….and that’s despite me paying £20 for the quick delivery initially. Which took…erm…2 days. When I was on ao.com before lunch, they could deliver today 😯

legend
    Free Member

Just a shame that they wont hardwire appliances, sound good otherwise

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Would recommend ao–bought from them after being let down by JL (twice)

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Just used AO for a full new kitchen appliance set. Brilliant

Jamie
    Free Member

Would recommend ao–bought from them after being let down by JL (twice)

I think JL have pissed away the last of the goodwill I had with them. Two issues going on currently as it is.

skiprat
    Free Member

Used them once with no problems at all. My mum has used them too.

Think they even match sale prices now so have a look about and they’ll match it.

Was also told about using Boots (after we used ao). Bloke a couple of doors up from me saved £££’s. Used Boots price to get a price match in another store that had stock. He used a local branch of boots as it head to be within 3 miles. Worked for him.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Used AO for a load of kitchen appliances. No probs at all, crack on.

eightyeight
    Free Member

P.s give them a bell about out of stock goods. They’re very accommodating.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Amazing service when we used them earlier this year for a new washing machine

Jamie
    Free Member

have we found an online retailer that [insert collective noun] of STW’ers actually all like?

It’s looking like it.

I’m scared.

Someone hold me!

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Another + vote

Arrived when it was meant to, no trouble at all, recommended to parents & they had good service too. Good communication,delivery in slot they said it would be & good price.

bonchance
    Free Member

This seems odd to me.

If I agree to pay for a generally available washing machine or whatever – and they deliver it on time – and it’s ok. Then it’s ok!

Is that ‘great service’ – or just the minimum to expect?

I normally reserve ‘great service’ for dealing well with problems.

I’ll get my coat..

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It’s relative to the norm isn’t it. The normal service that we would expect from the vast majority of retailers is to give you a 12hr window for delivery and that you had to be there to receive. AO allowed me to select a delivery window within a few hours and I was able to nominate someone else to receive the goods. That’s better service than the norm and for no additional expense. If you’re paying a premium like you would at John Lewis, then you’re expectations are higher, but for a web based retailer that provides products at competitive prices you shouldn’t expect the same level of service, but AO delivers.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re paying a premium like you would at John Lewis, then you’re expectations are higher…

John Lewis charged me £19.50 in return for a delivery in 2 working days in a 7 hour time slot.

AO allow me order at 23:50 and, hopefully if all goes to plan, will deliver the next day for free.

That’s great service.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used ao.com?’ is closed to new replies.