Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone used All Terrain Cycles?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Never used them before, and might be spending a relatively large chunk of change with them.

Any reports?

These bods > http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/

Jaz1979
    Free Member

bought some tyres from them in the past, they were very good – this was a couple of years ago now.

Not heard any recent horror stories about them

bluebird
    Free Member

Yes, no problems.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Yeah, on and off. Not the fastest, not the slowest but no problems.

woodsman
    Free Member

Yes, better than good in my experience! I use them for Lake shoes/boots mainly

xiphon
    Free Member

I bought a BMX from them about 2 years ago. No complaints 🙂

D0NK

Yeah had a few things off ’em, no problems, use decent couriers too, delivery time updates and you get a 1hr window.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

They’ve been going about 20 years or so. Nice showroom in the grounds of Salts mill. Always a good range of bikes. They also have a big warehouse so stock levels should be good.

I have bought from them in the past and will continue to use them.

antigee

as above been around years – used them in late nineties when worked in Pudsey – your money will be safe

darrenspink
    Free Member

My lbs, always helpful when I pop in.

ricardo666
    Free Member

I bought my handsome dog frame from them when I moved into my new flat, thats was 8 years ago, been riding it to work ever since.

Bought a couple of new hangers for it last year, no problems to report so far.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Never had anything off them online but regularly go into the shop as its only 10 mins from my office. Really nice shop, loads of stock and helpful staff is my experience.

Jamie
    Free Member

your money will be safe

Not worried they are going to run off with my cash, more whether they have a good rep for after sales service etc.

Cheers for all answers so far, though.

jonnyseven

Wife bought a bike from them. Sale was sound. Couple of months later and the rear shock was losing pressure and it turned out to be the upper bushing had been machined off centre. They replaced the shock no problems. Very good service IMO.

tmb467
    Free Member

They’ve been around for a while, its probably my most local LBS (now that Crosstrax have moved from Rodley)

They have a decent reputation for after-sales service and I’ve found em good to deal with in general. The online dept is different from the shop though and I’ve been impressed with how they deal with you as a customer

i’d have no problems in recommending em

rudispanner
    Free Member

They’ve been going about 20 years or so.

As All Terrain Cycles, they’ve been around since 1998 – but they used to be Riley Brothers Cycles of Crosshills, and as such they’ve been around since 1907!!

And yes, I can recommend them.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Didn’t know that I just remember them as the bike shop in Crosshills when I was in school. Many a happy lunchtime spent drooling over bits I could never afford.

fubar
    Free Member

A few years ago the web-site didn’t have accurate stock info so a couple of times I ordered to find stuff out of stock. Not sure if it is better now ? They were pretty good at telling me there was a problem and sorting refunds out.

bearnecessities

Never had cause to find out about their after sales, only bought clothing etc there. They once went to a lot of trouble to scour about for cleat retainers when mine randomly gave in whilst on a gnarr bit of technical decent (not the canal path that goes straight past, honest)

I am local though if you want anyone to nip by to scope anything out (“large chunk of change” = bike in sale?)

fubar
    Free Member

I am local though if you want anyone to nip by to scope anything out

That reminds me, even if local it used to be better to order online as they charged more in the shop (is that still the case?)

meehaja
    Free Member

Good bunch, helpful and friendly spent a lot of time trying bikes and all the staff seemed keen for me to get a bike that fitted well and didn’t try and sell me everything but the bike Iw as asking about (though didn’t mind me trying different bikes out). Also a good shop to”pop into” with the mrs, as there’s a nice cafe, art galleries and fancy shops in the same building!

Jamie
    Free Member

I am local though if you want anyone to nip by to scope anything out (“large chunk of change” = bike in sale?)

Thanks for the offer, fella, but deal is now off due to irreconcilable differences.

i.e they wanted more money than I wanted to give them 8)

trout
    Free Member

They are opening another shop in wetherby in the near future
    Massive floor area on 2 levels

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Fubar – yes they still charge substantially more in the shop, but to be fair order online and they will ring you to say the stuff is ready for collection.

The online business and shop are the same business, they may be run on separate ledgers/accounts, but the same bloke owns it all, and it’s all managed from 1 office.

I still preferred the old shop in Crosshills, was a proper shop, the new one is designed to appeal to a different audience

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used All Terrain Cycles?’ is closed to new replies.