Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone used a Contour Roam?
  • I’m looking at these as an alternative to a GoPro and would like some real world experience of them if poss?

Thanks

sazter

I have one, was a reduced price replacement for a non-fixable Contour HD. I like it, the simplicity is what I prefer, I never once changed the settings on the old one so not bothered about the inability to change settings when out. Only used it twice as quite new, but it is better than the one it replaced and I liked that a lot.

The flex-strap mount is the most useful IMO as the newer model is a fair bit heavier than the old one (also better build, waterproof etc) so don’t use the vented helmet mount much.

Anything else you want to know?

onehundredthidiot

I use a +2, which is a cool camera and works well but the contour software is rubbish. The +2 has GPS and you shuld be able to upload films with GPS data tracking but you can’t, unless you are sponsored by contour and they do it for their cool slick videos.

austy
    Free Member

Got a roam 2 myself and rate them, waterproof decent image ease of use. The flex strap is useful but slipped on Sunday on a really rough section up Glentress on Sunday but I’m on a hardtail. Would recommend a large fast memory card, I got a SanDisk ultra 32gb, anything slower and you get stutters in the full HD and 720p 60 frame mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone used a Contour Roam?’ is closed to new replies.