Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Anyone use Wesleyan for investments?
  • johnners
    Free Member

I’ll go out for a pint with my mate, who works for wesleyan

I’m sure his advice will be worth every penny you pay him.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I won’t be paying him, he loves to talk money and investment strategies on any night out 🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

but for long term investing then have a look at which companies give a good dividend return.

Careful with that plan. There may be good reasons why their yield is high. Look instead at companies with good dividend growth.

mudshark
    Free Member

As long as charges are clear then anyone can charge what they want – there’s plenty of competition.

I used to ride with a guy who worked for St James’s Place, he tried to get me to give them money to manage but I didn’t see the point – they only have there own funds to offer.

IHN

I used to ride with a guy who worked for St James’s Place, he tried to get me to give them money to manage but I didn’t see the point – they only have there own funds to offer.

and they all outperform the market benchmarks, so in some ways having a restricted choice of well-managed funds is better than a whole of market offering where choice is basically pot-luck.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I won’t be paying him, he loves to talk money and investment strategies on any night out

Buy BEER

allthepies
    Free Member

Watch Lars’s video I posted on page 1 re: managed funds vs index tracker. 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Buy BEER

Well obviously

mudshark
    Free Member

and they all outperform the market benchmarks, so in some ways having a restricted choice of well-managed funds is better than a whole of market offering where choice is basically pot-luck.

I looked at their funds’performance at the time but wasn’t impressed, I’d rather choose my own funds.

Regarding free advice from IFAs – a mate used to work as one and everything he suggested to me worked out very well – e.g. Framlington UK Smaller Cos back in 2005 – 190% return in 12 years. Did think about investing through him later but he moved to Dubai to concentrate on that market.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Wesleyan for investments?’ is closed to new replies.