Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ANyone use this rack: 'Axiom Streamliner Road' ?
  • Dekerf853

How do you get on with it?
    Considering this for very lightweight ‘credit card’ touring with a carbon CX frame.
    Or what are the alternatives for a frame with no braze-ons?
    And what panniers do you use with it?

Cheers.

Dave-j
    Free Member

Hi, I use one and find it great. I needed one because my bike had discs and other racks were to wide going around the disc, this one sits behind the disc so it is narrower and when I am commuting I can still get through the gates they put on the trails to stop motorbikes getting through.I use the Axiom top bag with panniers that fold out from it and it is great for commuting.

Dekerf853

OK, thanks Dave. Is that the ‘Appalachian’ pannier?

They seem to do loads with no particular recommendation of what panniers suit which rack, it’s confusing……..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kbomb
    Free Member

I’ve used one on a carbon road bike, and its pretty good. I wouldn’t want to use fully loaded panniers on it, as it does swing about a bit when you get out of the saddle climbing. For some light credit card touring its good though.

Dave-j
    Free Member

Axiom Columbus DLX Trunk Bike Bag Black/Grey, this is the one i have, only paid £20 for it off ebay, i think SJS cycles stock it but i think the Paddywagon is the latest version.

scotroutes

We have them for the hire fleet, fitted to some Trek 1.2s (Domanes next year). They work really well and some customers fairly load them up. The little rearward extensions are important as they place the rack and panniers back far enough not to get heel rub.

Dekerf853

Scotroutes, thanks, what panniers do you use with them?

scotroutes

Altura Drylines. We’d normally recommend the smaller size but most folk are happy to take the larger (56l) pair. Pretty much anything should fit though. There’s nothing unusual about the rack tubing size or shape. Just avoid these integrated sets that include a top bag as they will be too wide.

Dekerf853

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ANyone use this rack: 'Axiom Streamliner Road' ?’ is closed to new replies.