• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by julzm.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone use the British Cycling CRC discount?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Does the code renew every month?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yes

scaredypants

yes – they emailed recently to say it was changing to “on orders over £100”

not sure when that’ll be from though

EDIT:

From 1 November, the 10% discount will only be available on purchases of £99 or more. A series of seasonal promotions are planned for November and December so watch this space!

tom.nash

From 1 November, the 10% discount will only be available on purchases of £99 or more. A series of seasonal promotions are planned for November and December so watch this space!

😥 , this was great.

mooman
    Free Member

So the BC discount is nothing more than CRC’s usual discount promo they continuously run …

dalesjoe
    Free Member

That’s annoying. Ah well, guess ill just have to get Halfords to price match and use the BC discount there.

spooky_b329

Halfords discount is pretty good to be honest, especially as it generally works on any other promo or web special (order to store).

The only downside is the amount of time some of the till operators take to work out 10% of 49.99. I don’t reckon they list GCSE maths on their essential skills for employee recruitment. Its usually the freshfaced younguns that have to get their iphone/shop calculator out, and then the moment of confusion when they realise there is no % button 🙂

DrP

…As I was stood at the till at Halfords waiting for the chap to figure out the discount on my £33 order, i had to hold in the “it’s three quid you idiot”.
    In a way, I’m glad I did… 😳

DrP – not a doctor in mafs.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

I was told last week my BC discount applies to anything in Halfords, not just cycling gear. Annoyingly I’d just bought a full set of workshop drawers a few months earlier and been told it was cycling gear only?! To be fair to Halfords, they get a lot of stick on here but I find the lads in the branch near me to be decent lads.

Back to CRC, I thought it was a one use code each month? I used them 3 times in October and each time I went to check out it automatically gave me a 10% discount. …

Yak

I used them 3 times in October and each time I went to check out it automatically gave me a 10% discount.

oh- mine are definitely once-per-month use – having tried to re-use them. Luckily I’ve got my son’s code to use as well.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Halfords peeps don’t even need to do the maths, there appears to be a specific button on the till for discounts.

And they gave me 20% off those PSA’ed cheap AM41s…

I think the CRC site occasionally has issues with codes – I’ve had the 5off 50 welcome discount permanently attached to my account for about 2 years 😉

fingerbang
    Free Member

ive just renewed my ride membership on the sole basis that the CRC discount pays for it . any idea when they announced on the website that it would now only apply to £99 plus orders? If they’ve only just announced it then I might just ask for my money back; they’ll only invest it in their beloved track cycling anyway 🙁

nixie

Halfords peeps don’t even need to do the maths, there appears to be a specific button on the till for discounts.

If there is I’ve never seen them use it, they always calculate and add manually.

I was told last week my BC discount applies to anything in Halfords, not just cycling gear.

That is annoying. It has applied to everything as long as I can remember. It can also be combined with vouchers which are fairly easy to obtain at 10% off (corporate/nhs schemes) for a nice 19% total discount.

guido

I emailed BC;

Many thanks for getting in touch. We’ve been running the Chain Reaction Cycles 10% discount for members for over a year now and it has proved very popular. However, for it to continue it’s been necessary to introduce a minimum purchase of £99 or more. Without this, we would not be able to continue offering this great member benefit and we don’t want to see it go.

From this month, we would ask you to try and consolidate any purchases you wish to make into a single basket to benefit, where possible, from the saving of 10% on purchases of £99 or more on Chain Reaction’s already competitive prices.

We’ll be keeping the offer under review and will do everything we can to keep bringing you savings wherever possible.

spooky_b329

I was told last week my BC discount applies to anything in Halfords, not just cycling gear. Annoyingly I’d just bought a full set of workshop drawers a few months earlier and been told it was cycling gear only?!

A set of workshop drawers was the reason I joined BC…the saving paid for the membership! However, sometimes you have to tell the staff it does apply to everything, not just cycling gear.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what a set of cheap skate ****

part of the reason i signed up to BC was the discount, now they change it mid-term

julzm
    Free Member

They emailed last week to say it was changing. Always thought it was a bit too good to last to be honest. It’s paid for my membership several times over.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use the British Cycling CRC discount?’ is closed to new replies.