Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone use the BBC radio player app?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

And had it constantly pause then play again? Doesn’t matter whether I’m on Android or ios I can’t seem stop this happening. Sometimes it’s worse than others but at some point it starts happening again. Tried deleting and reinstalling but makes no difference.

GregMay
    Free Member

No issue here unless someone is hammering the local network downloading pr0n.

egb81
    Free Member

Happens a lot to me to.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edlong
    Free Member

I get it on long downloads. I downloaded that 8 hour “Sleep” thing from radio 3 the other week (still available for a few more days I think, highly recommended) and it does it there – pauses for a second or so then resumes. As a download it can’t be anything to do with network speed or owt, can it?

jb72
    Free Member

When does it happen? – that will happen if I’m streaming while in the car. I’d put it down to the mobile network being unreliable – it has improved a lot now I’m on 4G.

I’m starting to like the new app more – especially as you can download everything. I download most stuff before I listen to it now and it never stutters.

(Android)

DrJ

Yep. Sometimes starts again. Sometimes doesn’t. Sometimes works again if I quit the app and start it again.

STATO
    Free Member

Cant say i get any problems with download stuff or with a good 4G signal. With a poor/average signal you can sometimes get jumps when its trying to get you back to the ‘live’ broadcast if it thinks you are a bit behind. I think thats likely what most people are experiencing.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have had this too. I mentioned it in a feedback form one time when it crashed and it has got much better lately.

CountZero

If you’re on a 3G network, then it will keep doing it, especially if the network is in a busy area, because it has to keep buffering. It’s a lot better with 4G, but even then if it’s busy it’ll drop into 3G and you’ll get buffering. Where I work falls roughly into the overlap between cells, and it’s on a very busy industrial estate with a bypass on one side and large housing estates all around, so 4G will be fine for a bit, then just drops suddenly into 3G, and the radio will just go quiet while it buffers. Sometimes it’ll run on 3G, but it depends on signal strength.

loddrik
    Free Member

Nope. Happens over wifi. Pretty fast wifi too.

pjbarton
    Free Member

had this the other day for the first time!! – it was a 15-20 second loop, repeated about 20 times – would have been more but my plan to annoy the missus was working too well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use the BBC radio player app?’ is closed to new replies.