Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone use TalkTalk for broadband?
  • IHN

Ditching Sky (unless they ring me back begging me to stay and offer me an amazing deal), a quick check on USwitch shows TalkTalk doing free unlimited fibre broadband for 12 months (18 month contract). I’m guessing they need good offers as their name isnt the greatest a the moment. However, anyone actually use them, what are they like?

Failing that, I’ll probably go with PlusNet

captaindanger

Talktalk are awful for customer service, I am happy with plusnet

munrobiker
    Free Member

Despite the hacking shambles we’ve been with them for 3 years and have been very happy – the router is reliable, generally, the customer service, while abroad, is good and the deals they give you on mobile phones are excellent. We’ve just switched to their free fibre from normal broadband as it saves a few quid but it’s generally been good enough that we’ve not felt the need for fibre.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyfla
    Free Member

Yes, I would never, ever, ever use them again – Bloody awful

Service went from 6mb to less than 2mb in 18 months, spoke to them about 5 time, each time it would go up a bit and then slowly sink again

Luckily I could swap to Virgin and Cable goodiness

Plusnet all the way as you will burn up the free money time on the phone to TalkTalk

dooosuk
    Free Member

Had TalkTalk basic broadband for 18mths (never needed Customer Service).

When that deal ran out I moved to PlusNet (never needed to call them either)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

A few years ago but..

We signed up with Talk Talk for broadband , phone etc.

Firslty the router never turned up. I called, another was sent, it never turned up, I called, another was sent, it didnt arrive, I called, another was sent out, it never arrived. I called one was sent out it arrived.

The other 4 never showed up.

When it did arrive Broadband hardly worked. Most unreliable. I used to use an old modem to dial up and get internet access as, although not as quick as their Broadband (when it worked) it was more relaible.

We didched Talk Talk as soon as we could. They even had the cheek to bill us the £40 charges for dial up despite me complaining that if their BB had worked that we were paying for, we woudlnt have needed to dial up! We tried to get our money back for their lack of a service we paid for but they just got akward so we walked away.

Anyhow, We will never ever ever deal with Talk Talk again, or carephone warehouse for that matter.

Im sure there are plenty of folk who get better service than we did though so you may be Ok and they surely can’t still be that bad or they’d not be around.

I won’t be testing their abilities as long as I have a hole in my arse though

IHN

Cheers all. Looks like I can get 76mb from PlusNet (against 36mb from TalkTalk) for what works out as a tenner a month more over the course of the contracts, so I’ll probably go with that

granny_ring

Been with them for 6 years or more.
    Service improved a couple of years ago when they installed their equipment in our local exchange. Line speed went to 17meg for around 6-7meg, good enough for what we want.
    Having said that, every time the contract ends I shop around to get a better deal and I always get them to better the other deals that I can get with cashback, usually Plusnet. Took a few calls to them but worth it.

trademark
    Free Member

I had TalkTalk ADSL for a few years. Quite happy with the service but left because of their lack of customer service.
    I’ll never go back to them.

Plusnet have been good to talk to, moving to their fibre soon.

rone

Most consistently good speeds and up time I’ve ever had from a provider. Not quite as good as my business service but that’s £30 a month.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Been with them since 2006. Bar a few problems they’ve been great. Hard work when you do have to call, but happy overall

ajantom

We swapped to Talk Talk from BT a couple of years ago, as their unlimited broadband actually is unlimited, unlike BT who rip you off massively if you go over their unlimited limit(!).
    Had no issues, and the one time I had to call customer service they were very helpful – in the end it turned out someone had kicked the exposed junction box/splitter on the front of house and damaged the cable, so not really their fault!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Talk Talk customer service is crap, absolute crap. If you ring them you talk to ‘Dave’ in Delhi who you can’t understand or you get passed to ‘Deborah’ who you still can’t understand. I got so brassed off with their customer service I cancelled on the spot & went with Plusnet.
    Now I talk to Ali in Manchester but he has a Scouse accent so I can’t understand him either!

phiiiiil

We had talktalk for years; I never had a problem with customer services but did have a problem with their constant tenuous reasons for price increases towards the end. They would add something “free”, then a month later say “to keep your service really good we’re putting the price up”. Swines.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

No probs with TalkTalk fibre here. Get 77mb from a theoretical 80 (virtually on top of the green box). They are useless if you have to ring them (aren’t they all?) Got a decent discount for my contract: £32 for the fibre, phone line and basic YouView box. Not looking to change to anyone else if I can keep the current deal…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use TalkTalk for broadband?’ is closed to new replies.