Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone USE Superstar SingleSpeed wheels, only feedback on the wheels please!
  • postierich
    Free Member

😕
    In need of a rear SS wheel and I,ve spotted these
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=31&products_id=283
    Works out @ a good price with an 819 ust rim built up.

So does anyone use the hubs/wheels

ta rich

postierich
    Free Member

Morning bump!

ononeorange

Yup. I've got one for my singlespeed. So far OK (had it a few months, not really seen any really muddy stuff yet but it's got a few miles on it now). The only issue is that it started making grindy creaky noises from the freehub, got it apart and it was somewhat lacking in grease. Now resolved that, but if you go for one, do check.

Can't say much more, really.

postierich
    Free Member

Do you need any specific tools to strip down and maintain on1orange?

ononeorange

No, it was dead easy once i got hold of the instructions (I am so ham-fisted that I struggle on Pro II!). Just unscrew the caps at each end and the freehub slides out.

ssboggy

I've been running one for a while now and its been fine, i saw another post about the lack of grease in superstar hubs so stripped mine down which as mentioned above is very easy and there was a distinct lack of grease in there. Seems like a nice hub for the money apart from that.

bigbob38
    Free Member

hope it's ok…. just pressed the 'pay' button 😯

speaker2animals

What grease are you guys using in your freehubs? It used to be said that "normal" greases were too think and could tend to slow down the action of the pawls.

Ta.

Interested in this as I'm thinking of Superstar hubs when I get round to affording to build a geared machine.

ononeorange

Sorry only just noticed your question – I just used a light Lithium-based grease (largely as it was all I had to hand!).

ssboggy

I used pace suspension grease in mine

bigbob38
    Free Member

1 ride down and very impressed!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone USE Superstar SingleSpeed wheels, only feedback on the wheels please!’ is closed to new replies.