Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone use Spank hubs
  • typer
    Free Member

I have been looking at a spank wheel set for my new build. All the reviews I can find only mention the rims and nothing about the hubs. Just wanted to know how reliable and easy to service they are and what’s the spares availability like?

Cheers

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Following this thread… about to put a Spank wheelset on a new 29er build. Bot sure exactly which wheelset model yet, but all the reviews of the Spank wheelsets seem very good.

typer
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at the Oozy wheelset, like you said all the reviews are good but they don’t specifically mention the hubs.

sprocker
    Free Member

I have just ordered a set of spank oozy’s in 29 flavour only £270 on chain reaction for the 2013 ones. No experience of them but the reviews are good and I figured worth a punt at the price

warns74
    Free Member

I put the 29er oozy wheelset on my stumpjumper fsr. Couldn’t find a bad review of them anywhere and for the same money were a little lighter than hope/flow (which was my other choice). Not been using them that long but zero issues so far, survived a couple of trips to wales and an uplift day at BPW with no problems. They also look really nice (stealth) in the black and rear hub makes a nice noise too!!

I’m 15 stone kitted up so am happy they can cope with the abuse.

The-Duke

I’ve been using an oozy wheelset for around 6 months now, have been faultless so far and both hubs have a quality feel to them. Have previously used hope pro2’s and mavic crossmax and these are as good if not better imo.

typer
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback lads, sounds like they could be worth a punt. Just checked chain reaction and they have been reduced to £270, even more of a bargain then when they were £340 a few days a go.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

I just built up a bike with the Spank Oozy 26AL 29″ wheelset in black. Have nothing else to compare it too, but it seems very nice and well-built…

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’ve been running Spank Spikes since Christmas, faultless bar a minor true for the rear. Hubs are ace.

occamsrazor
    Free Member

Just wondering… what’s the widest tyre you guys have tried on the Spank Oozy 29″ wheels? The Spank website says [PDF] that the recommended max is 2.35″. I’m currently running WTB Weirwolf 2.3″ with tubes…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Spank hubs’ is closed to new replies.