Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone use offset bushings to drop BB height?
  • thejesmonddingo

I’ve bought a Kona Tanuki,but the BBH is 13.7″,and I’d like to drop it about 1/2-3/4 “,slackening the HA doesn’t worry me as it is 68deg,and I’d quite like to drop that a bit too.I think I’m going to get offset bushes to try them out,and see what happens to the handling.Anyone got any hints tips or insights?

greeble
    Free Member

theres nothing to it. you’ve over complicating it. fit them and ride.

Northwind

First of all check that it’s got enough clearance- a tightly packaged frame can clash hard parts when slacked off like this.

Second… You get at most 3mm of adjustment from a bushing, normally, so 6mm max (possibly 4mm depending on the shock mounts) so at most it’ll give you a hair over half an inch’s drop but it’s likely to give less.

Still it is easy and interesting to do so don’t be put off, just be realistic about it.

dantsw13

Did it to my Heckler – dead easy!! As above though, my Titus FTMc doesnt have enough clearance at the shock mountings.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve done it to my full suspension bike, as well as a slackset. Bushings dropped my BB about 1/2 inch, and slackeded the head about 1 degree IIRC. I did have to cut a notch into the crosspiece between the suspension rocker arms to accommodate the seat tube. I bought them from Proshox in Poland via their ebay store.

One degree angle change on the head tube was definitely noticeable.

trusty

Did it on an ally Titus ftm. Apart from checking tyre clearance and stuff, it slackens everything off, including the seat angle. I ended up having the shock re-valved due to more weight on the back end (and I could push the bike harder)

jameso

If you have BB/PF30 you could fit an offset EBB that the singlespeed weirdos use, to drop the BB.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use offset bushings to drop BB height?’ is closed to new replies.