Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone use Mont Blanc Barracuda carriers?
  • Gnnr

Just wondering what these are like to use with current tyres. Is 2.2 really the max? Is it a problem/hassle.

I can pick a set of these up locally cheap but not sure if they are suitable for MTB use.

Cheers, G

shinsplints

I've got one. Totally fine for MTB use. Has carried my Trailstar, Trance and old Rockhopper no problem. Mate has one for his Meta aswell. Fair spread of bikes there. You do have to let the front tyre down though if you are on anything over 2.1". I have 2.35" High Rollers and there's no way it would take the front fully inflated.

No other problems though, nice and solid.

MrOvershoot

shinsplints – Member

I've got one. Totally fine for MTB use. Has carried my Trailstar, Trance and old Rockhopper no problem. Mate has one for his Meta aswell. Fair spread of bikes there. You do have to let the front tyre down though if you are on anything over 2.1". I have 2.35" High Rollers and there's no way it would take the front fully inflated.

No other problems though, nice and solid.

You must be joking, I've been running 2 Mont Blanc Barracuda's for years and in that time I have had 2.4" Nobby Nics, 2.5" Big Earls, 2.35 High Rollers & Minnions, 2.4" Advantages the only tyre that is a bit of a shove to get in are the Bonty XDX 2.4 but they are massive

Here's my mate running 2.4 Advantages with the bike in his carrier

shinsplints

Dunno then. STW said the same thing last month in their bike carrier review.

MrOvershoot

shinsplints – Member

Dunno then. STW said the same thing last month in their bike carrier review.
    Yes I did notice that & at the time I though "rubbish" but I forgot to post about it.

Its one of the better things about the carriers as with tyres under 2.3" the bike has to be clamped before it will stay still but with bigger tyres the bike stays upright while you place the clamp on the down tube.

Gnnr

Thanks for the advise, and the pics.

Cheers G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Mont Blanc Barracuda carriers?’ is closed to new replies.