Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone use Memory Map ios apps? Transfering maps from the PC version.
  • convert

I’ve been a memory map user for years with maps on my PC. When I bought an iphone I had to buy the £20 version of the app to use existing maps on it.

I’ve now got an ipad too. They have now done away with the paid for version of the app but it still says you can use and transfer your maps to it from your PC. I’ve transfered the maps using Itunes but the app is banging on about a 5 day temp licence. Is there more to it?

I’d look at the website but it seems to be down once you get past the shop front.

ta.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t help with iOS, but I tried the android app and it was shocking. In the end I used a 3rd party app called mmtracker which read the map files. Not sure if there is something similar for the iPad.

convert

Hi Nick.

Thanks – I’m happy enough with the iOS app (its got its faults but I’m used to them from my phone) but a bit stumped with the new system. Maybe when their site goes up again I’ll work it out.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m using my v5 maps on my iphone. As is usual with memory map the app is less than intuitive and I wouldn’t be surprised if they buggered it up in the future with an update. The app is free at present so I gave it a try and it is working. I saw the 5 day thing and ignored it as I only want to use the maps I bought some time ago on a disk (the v5 ones.)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just had a quick check on my phone. Once I had transferred the maps via itunes I had to go into the little folder icon then select map types and turn on ‘Land’. You may also have to select ‘more maps’ and choose ‘all on device’ if you want to view a map not at your current location.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just to add the maps with names starting M-OS are the ones you get a temporary 5 day licence for then an option to buy at great expense per map. I copied over my entire 1:50k v5 UK map without renaming it and it appeared called ‘OS 1:50k Great Britain’

convert

Many thanks RB (sorry can’t type your whole user name as it makes me giggle and think I’m having a conversation with a dildo!) – I’ll give that a whirl when I get home.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I kind of regret the name choice, too long when I log in 🙂

convert

That sorted it- thanks very much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Memory Map ios apps? Transfering maps from the PC version.’ is closed to new replies.