Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anyone use 'Hermes' for delivery?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Royal Mail pricing is getting beyond a joke now, so looking at alternatives.

Anyone use ‘myhermes’? On paper they look good, are they reliable in collection / delivering on time, etc?

Conan257
    Free Member

Used several times and will continue using.

Basic concept as far as I can tell:

Local agent pitches up at a time suitable for them (for us she’s here 1100 or 1430)
    She hands parcel to Hermes driver that evening.
    Hermes deliver (I assume to another local agent)
    They deliver to final address

composite
    Free Member

I almost used them once because my mate who runs an internet business uses them. He said they were great and they have had no problems with them at all.

spacehopper

got a JMC poster delivered by them… tube dented.. end popped out.. poster ruined.

on the flipside i sent out some Renthal Bars by them last week as the package was too long(!!!) for royal mail and parcelfarce at the post office wanted over a tenner!

and they got there fine..

MrNero50
    Free Member

Use them as my first choice for items too large to send economically via Royal Mail.

Drop off at a shop at lunchtime, so more convenient than waiting in.

Takes longer than Royal Mail but seem ok.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yes Just sold a frame on here,
    Went on website’
    Paid £5.40
    Boxed it up,
    Printed label,
    Took it to a shop down the road (closer than the post office),
    Got a ticket for proof of postage,
    Guy got parcel a couple of day later.
    Job done.
    Very easy and cheap.

ska-49
    Free Member

I was waiting for a tesco router. They sent it via Hermes.
    Brilliant service. Missed them twice as I was moving house.
    Phone the mobile number on the card and arranged a hour slot when convenient for me. Was fantastic. No extra charge either.

seosamh77
    Free Member

they annoy me, but only because I live across the road from the royal mail sorting office, so if i’m not in, I need to organise another delivery dates as opposed to just popping over the road and picking up my parcel..

seosamh77
    Free Member

they annoy me, but only because I live across the road from the royal mail sorting office, so if i’m not in, I need to organise another delivery dates as opposed to just popping over the road and picking up my parcel..

mickolas
    Free Member

just received ebay purchase via hermes. no problems.

AlexSimon

I’ve sent with them twice now.
    Both times it was a 48hr service even though I don’t think they guarantee it. Goods arrived fine (or at least I didn’t have any complaints from buyers!)
    Roughly half the cost of RM special delivery, but the drop-off point is a couple of miles away, so I tend to combine it with other shopping.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup have sent a few things with them, no probs

Attractive price breaks for bike component sized parcels compared to RM

clubber
    Free Member

They deliver quite a lot to us from various online places we use. We think they’re great and one advantage is that it’s always the same guy delivering so he knows our house and where’s safe to drop things off or which neighbours to leave things with.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Cheers for responses – will give them a try.

philfive
    Free Member

yeah i’ve used it and it was very good, 2 day delivery and pretty cheap.

Scapegoat

Yes, better pricing and drop off at their parcel shop is much better than the woeful service offered by yodel.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

had a couple items delivered. Brilliant service imo. Sellers have been happy with prices too.

SBrock
    Free Member

I use them all the time, drop of parcel at local petrol station, 2 days later parcel delivered and get a text confirming delivery. Cheaper than RM too – really its a no brainer and about time RM got some credible competition!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I send with them a lot. Cheaper and long hours for drop offs wins.

andyl
    Free Member

aye, so much easier to drop off the parcel at a shop on the way home from work.

RM need to sort their act out.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Since RM became even more expensive I’m using MyHermes more and more.

Probably shipped about 50 parcels with them in the last 18 months – yet to have an issue.

Likewise Collect + which is fairly similar – sent about 50 parcels with them in the last 18 months – yet to have an issue – even had somebody claim an item sent via Collect + hadn’t arrived. I supplied the details of the shipment to PP & they favoured me, not the buyer!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Awful company in my experience, my local (delivery) driver smokes in his car so everything stinks of cigs. Had two work related packages go astray including one that was ‘signed for’ (hoho) fifteen minutes after the driver picked it up. If you have a good ‘final mile’ driver then it works well for the reasons above, if not then you’re screwed.

Still they are cheap so lots use them, I can see why people would send via them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use 'Hermes' for delivery?’ is closed to new replies.