Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone use halo freedom 29er wheelset?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

just wondered what you think of them im looking at a new 29er wheelset for the ss and i like the price and the white 😉 id like stans flows on hope pro 2 but i think they may be some way off due to funds lol

sohala
    Free Member

mick, i have the 26" version, they're not super light, but they're not massively heavy either. i've run them on many bikes over the last 2 years and they are still perfectly true!
    currently on my ss inbred, but will be going on the pig at the weekend.

the only wheels i've ever owned that have stayed true, btw, i'm a clumsy 15 stone 😳

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Use a front 29" on my mongrel 69er – great wheel (even for fat biffers)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

cheers chaps for the money they look good not sure about the on-one retard wheelsets either not heard much of them but they are in the mix too. ta

ton

mick, i use the on ones.
    good for another fat bifter……. 8)

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers tony

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Got a pair on a Kona geared unit 29er, they are great, bit heavy but on par with on one but nice deep rims, 16st loaded up here and nice and true, cant fault them other than hub bearing are shite. Dont last too long, just had mine front and back replaced £50 LBS.

Other than the shocking beaings, they are a nice set of wheels.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

nice wheels imo. strong and stiff and look good too.

fwiw (cheeky plus) i've got a pair of surly 1×1 hubs (limited edition purple anodised) built into white freedomdisc with black spokes. on it is a white industries duo freehub (17 and 19t). all in VGC (apart from front bearings afaik)

cost about £360 new from triton cycles and sideways (iirc) 2 years ago, but not used for a year.

looking for £180ish really… email if interested in some cool unique wheels 😉

tamarvin at googlemail.com

cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone use halo freedom 29er wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.