Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anyone use gortex socks
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

anyone use these?

what size to order for size 9 feet?

santacrews
    Free Member

NO !

I hate GORE-TEX………….

I presume you want them for Biking ? They have a hole in them right at the top where your leg sticks out ?
    In my experience “and most legs are similar” they point towards the floor and have a foot on the end, When it rains the water runs down ur leg and fills up the sock !

I,ve seen on here as well as other places people gaffer taping the tops of socks to said article attached to the foot !
    Ive even read about the tops of rubber gloves being used and in some instances the lowers of wet suits being cut off to assist the sealing of the top ?
    WTF !

I just accept that when it rains i get wet ! when it stops i start to dry out…..
    My Skin is waterproof although sometimes it leaks out ! i think this is normal though ?

I use bridgedale socks, when they get wet my feet stay relatively warm !
    My lungs and the pain in my chest usually means i dont have to worry about my extremeties.

SORRY ! but u did ask…………..

ton

i have used goretex socks
    they are better tham sealskins imho……….but i now do what he does.^^

pastcaring
    Free Member

@santacrews

no, i asked what size to buy.

but i guess you THOUGHT you were being amusing…

the hole still wont let in as much water as the hole in the shoe. you know the one where you put your foot in.

thanks ton. a sensible answer without the bullshit.

santacrews
    Free Member

Oh Yeah !
    I didnt see the bit about what size ? I only saw the top bit and then the picture and i felt compelled to go off on one !

I,m sorry you didnt find my answer helpful !

Try staying at home when its raining ❗ OR MTFU !

I,m not sure why you think a hole in a shoe where your foot goes in is any different to a hole in a stoopid sock where your foot goes in.

I,m not sure what kind of water doesent run down ur legs and fill up what is attached to the bottom with water ? Hence my legs point towards the floor gesture,

If and when you do find an answer to the conundrum ensure you Patent it !

OH ! In response to the original question !
    I suggest a size 9 😕

pastcaring
    Free Member

paging, paging, another dickhead to the forum please!

jedi

i wear seal skinz.
    when i’m coaching my feet get wet from the grass

lipseal
    Free Member

I use Marino wool ones, ok your feet get wet but they stay warm, had seal skinz but the build up of sweat just ends up staying in the sock. Try the Marino ones they are better.

santacrews
    Free Member

Oi smart @rse Who’s the dickhead !

me for telling you what you didnt want to hear or you for asuming i,m a dick head !

Ive got some GORE-TEX socks size 9 !

You can have mine !
    I,ll be at Wharncliffe this week end come and pick them up

Bring a gum shield !

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I used to use Goretx socks way back when, but progressed through Porelle & now Sealskinz. Size wise the Goretex isn’t stretchy, so fit needs to be considered quite carefully – one of those try before you buy I’d say.

Goretex socks have all the failings of any waterproof sock, but a few more – more easily damaged, less comfortable than the waterproof socks built with a liner. Mine punctured due to wear from my big toe nails, if you can believe that. I also found that once they got wet on the outside any sweaty feet on the inside felt really cold & stayed really cold, presumably due to condensation of sweat.

IMHO merino Sealskinz are the best option.

votchy
    Free Member

Size 9 feet here and I wear the large size, room for a decent pair of socks underneath and, contrary to above, fully waterproof. don’t wear longs, only waterproof shorts and feet stay dry inside these socks.

pastcaring
    Free Member

i assumed nothing, i think it’s clear who the dick is…

thanks for the sensible replies

bruneep

Seat anyone

and I also wear Goretex socks.

There I said It 😳

santacrews
    Free Member

Ah !

If Only..

willard

I use sealskins, but only when I know I am going to be standing in puddles of water for a length of time and want to be able to have dry feet. Pretty much every other time, I use normal socks and change them as soon as I am done getting them wet.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anyone use gortex socks’ is closed to new replies.