Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone use Coursera
  • HughStew

I was having a look at Coursera today, it looks like it has really interesting and well designed courses. Do any of you STWers have any experience of it? The costs mentioned are very variable, how is it for VFM?

ElShalimo

It has been mentioned on here a few times.
    Google site search should help

prettygreenparrot

Yes. Great for structured learning on a whole variety of subjects. I’d recommend ‘how to think and reason’, and ‘the model thinker’ as well-organised courses with good content.

There are a whole bunch of similar sites – just search ‘MOOC’ on google for massive online open courses. Open Learn is a UK-oriented set up but with less focus on the certified training than Coursera.

Many of the courses let you access materials without cost if you want to dabble. Though if you want to take part in assessments etc then it’ll cost. Fees are fair value.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Funnily enough I was just looking at a Machine Learning course on there – £61 if certificate required, £0 without.

Bargainous! If I like it I might pay-up, but I get the chance to find out…

Edit: my phone auto-corrected ‘bargainous’ to ‘bargain pussy’ for some reason??!?

doublezero
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of OpenLearn courses free couses run by the Open University
    OpenLearn

Keeps the grey matter working and quite lot of choice on courses

mogrim

I’ve done quite a few Coursera courses – the quality is generally good, although a couple have been a bit of a let down. Other options are available, such as EdX.

Most are usually free but offer the chance to pay for a certificate. I’m not sure how much difference there is between a paid-for certificate and the usual PDF you can download when it comes to your career, I just stick them on my CV anyway 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Coursera’ is closed to new replies.