Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone use Asgard Sheds?
  • smogmonster

Just wondering if anyone has one of these? Ive ordered one to put in the rear yard. How do users find them…do they seem as secure as Asgard themselves make out?

jonk

I have one, really solid. No one has tried breaking into it yet…..

dpfr

Rock solid. Some condensation at this time of year though.

gkeeffe

I do… really solid. Condensation can be an issue, but they are super secure.

pigyn
    Free Member

Looking at these for a new house, how big have you gone for smogmonster?

I want one of the ‘8 bike’ size ones (weirdly seem cheaper and 1 foot bigger than the non bike ones) but find a way of mounting a board of hooks for hanging by the front wheel, much better use of space..

ton

got a 29er one to build when I am more able. heavy old thing and looks very well made.

markoc1984

I have the 29er one and it is brilliant, very secure and solidly built. Great customer service from them as well, one of the brackets that connect the piston arms to the top broke as the welds failed and they sent out a new one in a week and installed the panel for me.

goyawave
    Free Member

I have had one for years. A shed, even Asgaard sheds, should be considered as just one layer of security. You should still use a ground anchor and think of the location, light, etc..

We have had several attempts on ours and so have others on this forum.

jimmy

Have one too. Not anchored down but would need to be lifted over the fence. I trust it a lot more than leaving them in the garage.

There’s a lot of screws to put the ring together – wear gloves or use electric…

LeeW

Seems secure enough, see if you can get a bulk buy of silica gel packets to absorb moisture.

tonyf1
    Free Member

I’ve had a 29er for 4 bikes for over two years and still looks like new. Much more secure than the house or garage and would need some serious kit way over what an opportunist would carry. I’ve got a unibond 360 for the condensation but never really been a problem . I was going to fit a ground anchor but you can secure bikes to the shed via the bar opener in the front so felt like massive overkill.

Top tip is to fit AstroTurf in the base rather than plywood they sell as this holds the mud and you can give it a quick shakeout now and then.

Really recommend Asgard sheds they are great quality and value. I get them to put together which I’d recommend if not on a budget.

DT78
    Free Member

Astroturf is a good idea. Also screw a handle to the ply Base it you ever want to move it. No need to secure to a ground anchor in my opinion it weighs loads plus with bikes and tools even more. Only thing I can think of is some trying to drag it off with a tow bar?

They do take up a lot of space remember to measure with space for the lid and doors to open properly

pigyn
    Free Member

Measured up for the biggest walk in one yesterday :p

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I have one and would whole heartedly recommend it to anyone.

Its not bolted down but frankly, if someone is capable of lifting it and extracting my bike then they deserve it for shear determination and effort!

Thats not an invitation by the way!

Mark
    philwarren11
    Free Member

Has anyone owned one thats been had an attemoted break in?

Another top tip is an Oxford motorboke alarm hanging on the inside of the lock. Any movement and it gives off a warning (enough to unlock and get in with keys), further movement and it goes mental and keeps going providing theres continual movement. Nice little deterrent.

Liking the astro turf idea tho.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I wrote this review 6 years ago, and that shed is still going strong to this day.

Condensation the only minor issue, I’ve drilled some small vent holes in mine, and have also used some small dehumidifier things like tonyf1 mentions above.

smashit
    Free Member

4-bike 29er one here. Fits 4 large size 26” FS MTBs, plus pressure washer, toolbox, workstand etc. I use cardboard on the base so can take out and shake out the mud. Get a little bit of condensation at this time of year, but it never seems so humid as to cause trouble (I’m in it every day so plenty of ventilation).
    Might try the unibond 360 though… @tonyf1 do you think it really works?
    Very happy generally!

DT78
    Free Member

Can you put up a link to the alarm you recommend? I’ve got a cheap motion one which isn’t much use

ChrisL

I have one of the Gladiator (7ft 4″ x 7ft 3″) sheds, which I got after my wooden shed got broken into on several occasions. I fitted a ground anchor on each side and there’s plenty of space inside for my bikes and garden stuff. I’ve noticed some condensation at times but it doesn’t seem to have cause many problems.

The bike stores will probably be different but the sheds are very unsubtle, mine really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to my neighbours’ sheds, possibly because they’re pretty tall and they have no windows. Also they can be a bit noisy if you bump a bike too hard against a wall or an open door catches in the wind. However the main thing is that they feel tough and they look tough, which is probably the main reason nobody’s tried to get into mine since I got it.

kayak23

How do they fare for bikes with 780mm plus bars? I’ve got I think 4 bikes currently if I remember right and 3 of them have pretty wide bars. Do you have to turn them sideways or owt?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

8 bike version here and it’s great. Four MTBs abreast would be a squeeze but nothing some strategic wheel height stacking wouldn’t get around.

Astroturf is a great idea. Will give that a whirl.

andeh

Has anyone got one that has either been broken into, or successfully repelled an attempt?

tmb467
    Free Member

When I got mine, I went to Asgard for a chat / look around. The lady there said that the gas-lift roof / 4-bike one had been broken into a few times in Bristol. They reckoned they’d found a way to jack the lid up – so they changed the design slightly

The loss-prevention one (3 bike) she’d not heard of anyone getting into one – so that’s what I went for. May have been a sales pitch but it worked. I got the loss-prevention 3-bike one and my neighbor got the same but without the LPC. It’s just as good but thinner metal and not as much protection on the sills / hinges and with a more basic lock

submarined
    Free Member

I’m seriously thinking about building a single skin brick one to house 3 or 4 bikes. My only reservations are around making the doors as secure as one of the Asguard jobs

munrobiker
    Free Member

My mate has a walk in one. Every shed on his street was broken into over the course of a week, his was the only one that survived. There are a few small marks on the door but nothing else.

Marin
    Free Member

Three bike one here. Bit of a squash but if you can break into it good luck to you. Best preventative measure I can use.

jolmes
    Free Member

4 bike one here, I put some of my house valuables in there when we go on holiday or away for the weekend. Pretty certain if they can lift the thing or get into it without an circular saw they deserve it. With the amount of dog walkers that go by and twitchy window neighbours we have, i feel pretty secure.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use Asgard Sheds?’ is closed to new replies.