Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone use an Osprey Talon (fanny pack)?
  • Fancy losing the Camelbak Mule through summer, as I want to start wearing a protective top and thinking of reducing the heat on my back. I carry a fair bit of kit in my Mule – could lose some of it, but don’t want a really small pack – also I drink quite a lot, so the 2 bottles appeals, combined with a Bluegrass Tuartara Idro with a 1l bladder

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Yes, I got one for Christmas and have been using it for a while.

Can fit a surprising amount in. I keep all my tools including some pliers in one waist pocket, phone, keys and money in the other, two inner tubes, some snacks and an mini SLR style camera in it along with the two water bottles. Can wrap up a gilet and put it between those two clip bits.

Basically what I kept in a backpack.

When it’s that laden down it bobs up and down a bit, though if you cinch it up really tight it helps. Don’t always take that much i.e. leave camera at home etc

I like not having anything over my shoulders, good if you’re moving around a lot.

spacemonkey

Nice looking pieces of kit + I’m an Osprey fan. But riding without my Mule makes me feel naked.

I like not having anything over my shoulders,

Complete opposite for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wombat

yourguitarhero +1

I’ve had one for about 18 months, used it primarily for all day trail runs/walks, Yorkshire 3 peaks and the like last year.

Can fit a surprising amount in it, lunch, snacks and more water (if its a warm day) inside and a packaway waterproof & lightweight waterproof trousers bundled up inside the external straps. Waterproofs will fit inside if you’re not taking much food (or are going to be passing a Greggs…)

The water bottles fit really securely and are easy to remove/replace on the fly.

An added bonus is that 4 mini pork pies fit really neatly into one of the waist pouches leaving the other side for keys/phone/jelly babies 😉

Doesn’t bounce around too badly if it’s well loaded. IME it tends to bounce more if its only partly full.

Started using it on the bike recently instead of a CB Mule, works very well. The waist straps are quite narrow so don’t dig in round the waist when you bend forward on the bike.

As and when it need replacing I’d buy another one without a second thought.

ajantom

Great bits of kit. I’ve totally stopped using backpacks since buying mine 16 months ago. Holds a decent amount of kit, comfy to wear, and doesn’t bounce around much (especially if you load it with heavier things at the bottom).
    Would buy another one straight away if I had to replace it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use an Osprey Talon (fanny pack)?’ is closed to new replies.