Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • anyone use an activity/fitness tracker thingie !
  • voodoo_chile

Any recommendations or advice ,quite curious about them so may give them a go

TimP
    Free Member

I just got a fitbug from Sainsburys as it was cheeeeep (down to £25). only really using it as a rough guide for how much I am doing in a day as I am 5 months into a viral thing that has really taken the wind out of my sails and left me shattered all the time. I want to try and see if there is a correlation to how tired I feel and how much I have done the day before, and also to try to monitor my build up back to fitness. I have basically been off my bike since September and that is pretty much all my excercise so I am very unfit but don’t want to have a relapse as the ones I have has so far have been rubbish. Only 2 days in but it seems to be doing everything I want it to do so fingers crossed it will help a bit

It works on an easily replaced watch battery so no recharging, but no display – you need to sync it to a smartphone to get any info out of it, and it is only splash proof so no swimming etc in it

soobalias
    Free Member

im interested in principle – expecting a few more real life reviews as the new year rolls on and people use their christmas presents.

one riding buddy got one recently and he thinks its amazing.

simon_g

Wife & I have used a Withings Pulse each for about 6 months. I don’t like the wristband things so the belt clip is perfect – small, unobtrusive, out of the way. Plus we have the Withings wifi scale so it all works nicely in one app.

Mostly it gets me out for a decent walk at lunchtime as we get quite competitive over number of steps logged.

voodoo_chile

Tim , what does it do and what info do u get off it ?

TimP
    Free Member

It does steps, aerobic steps (fast walking), it can log sleep and quality of sleep, but not sure how good that is to be honest, and track any further stuff you do and it puts those in as aerobic steps or not. After a week it will give you a goal of steps per week depending on how far you average. You can also use the website to track food, and as an aid for weightloss.
    Pretty good review below. I only want something basic as I dont intend to use it for too long (until I am better), but it does give me an idea of how much activity I am actually doing as my job is desk based and I dont tend to just go for a walk.

http://www.livescience.com/41946-fitbug-orb-review.html

voodoo_chile

Thanks Tim good info

TimP
    Free Member

Quick update:
    I now have my set goals for the day and it is more difficult than I thought as I am not riding. I am actively going for a walk at lunch to try and reach the suggested level or steps which I guess is the point.

voodoo_chile

Cheers tim

pcosmic
    Free Member

I got a Jawbone UP24 in october. Wasn’t really meaning to lose weight, but tracking sleep, food and activity meant that I lost 4kg pretty quickly. Am totally sold now, bit of a way of life. If you can wait, check out the UP3 which does heart rate too. Probably launching in feb/march.

adam

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve had a Garmin Vivofit since March, I just use the Steps count as a spur to keep me moving. I tend to average around 12000 steps a day.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a fitbit one. Belt clip or in my pocket works best for me as work don’t let me wear a watch. The screen on the device is worth having.

You can link fitbit and strava to myfitnesspal which is pretty handy for calorie counting.

The sleep monitor is OK but I always forget to press the button when going to bed to switch it on. The device goes in a wrist pouch thing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘anyone use an activity/fitness tracker thingie !’ is closed to new replies.