Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Anyone use a Roku streaming stick , any better ideas , are the Modable….
  • crazant
    Free Member

Looking at getting my dad some better tv…was going to go Apple TV so he can AirPlay from his iPad but we have settled for hdmi from iPad and use xbmc , while I like xbmc I think dad might find it at touch frustrating so I have been looking at the Roku streaming stick to use as well ,I think he will mainly use it for YouTube etc but I think his main use would be spotify which he loves but I believe on the Roku it isn’t free like it is in the iPad …
    I have seen the USA version of the Roku has 1000+ channels would this work in the uk or is the 500 channel uk version the one to get..can you mod them and will there ever be a work round so xbmc will work on one…also is there plenty of tv on there that is good or is all subscription/pay stuff..

Want to keep it simple so don’t really want to do raspberry pi etc…

Thanks a lot for any pointers

Anthony

bear-uk
    Free Member

Try a rooted Android tv box from Evil bay.
    Just watching a film now using Show box and streaming it from my Android phone to a Chromecast using BubbleUpnP. You can also download Show box to PC. I believe Popcorn TV works on Apple.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Roku streaming stick , any better ideas , are the Modable….’ is closed to new replies.