Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone use a Lezyne GPS?
  • richmtb

The wife washed my trusty Garmin Edge 500 (not in the washing machine i might add in the kitchen sink because it had mud on it!) I think the USB port it fried as while the unit still works I can’t get any data off of it.

Anyway its neither here nor there as it was pretty old anyway.

Does anyone use a Lezyne GPS. They seem well specced, not too expensive and will work with bluetooth heart rate sensors rather than just ANT+ (which is good as I have a bluetooth HRM)

richmtb

bump

I take it that’s a no then?

stwhannah

This one?
    Lezyne GPS Review

richmtb

Maybe

or this one Micro C GPS

joefm

I have the super enhanced one. It’s my first GPS and only got it for xmas so not sure I’m best placed to answer but I find I quite good.

Lots of battery life. a 3 hour ride uses less than 10%.

Easy to load routes onto it using the app and website page.

Not sure what else to say about it.

atlaz
    Free Member

You have a Garmin that needs syncing with a cable… how… quaint 😉

I’ve not got experience of the Lezyne ones but I hear from a friend who has one that they are really good and “better” in a non-specific way than his old garmin which was a 500.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Rich, Just replaced my edge 520 with a Garmin vivoactive HR.

Fantastic bit of kit, have a look.

DickBarton

Got the Super Enhanced gps, works well, battery life appears to be superb – I’m getting less drain than 10% for 3 hours (although I don’t often use the hrm, that will use more battery).

The interface isn’t as ‘nice’ as the Garmin, but I suspect it is the same just looks different – the Garmin can show a large number and 2 or 4 smaller ones, the Lezyne splits the screen equally.

The sync to phone to upload is good – mine doesn’t sync to Lezyne so no idea about the routing/making stuff but I don’t use that anyway.

I sync to phone and then upload via phone Web browser to Strava.

The Garmin will alert you when you start moving, Lezyne doesn’t so if you forget to start to record, you don’t get an alert.

The hrm works fine, the phone connection has been not bad but I’ve had to reconnect it about 4 times since I bought it about 5 months ago…seems to be sorted again now.

A good unit, I’m happy with mine.

richmtb

It looks like a good bit of kit. How accurate do you find the HRM on the Garmin, Greig?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

By my reckoning it’s within 2 or 3 bpm of the chest strap, which doesn’t bother me, as long as it’s consistently low or high, and trends accordingly.

Charged it last wednesday when it arrived, still got 17% charge, and that’s with a few commutes and a couple of runs using the GPS.

Big advantages for me is the amount of extra useable time, ie I only used the 520 maybe 3 or 4 times a week, and only on the bike, This does a lot more for me.

I also don’t like the aesthetics of a big unit on the bars of my MTB. I accept that’s maybe just me…. 😀

mattbee

Got a Macro a month or so ago to replace a knackered Garmin 705.
    The battery life is better. The mount is very secure to the point of being hard to get it in & out.
    Can’t display as many things on one screen and there’s no option to have multiple bikes.
    Bluetooth sync is good but again, can’t have multiples so if switched between bikes you have to re scan for sensors. That’s mildly annoying.
    The phone integration is pretty good, the app seems quite nice & I prefer it to Garmin Connect.
    The navigation is pretty poor, crashes a lot & is only really any use for point to point; you can’t create a looped ride. You can import gpx & tcx but I’ve never got it to work without crashing.
    In short, for use on one bike and if you aren’t fussed about navigation it’s pretty good but Garmin is better, if more expensive.

atlaz
    Free Member

It looks like a good bit of kit. How accurate do you find the HRM on the Garmin, Greig?

DCRainmaker seems to usually say the wrist based HR sensors aren’t as good as a chest strap

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Lezyne GPS?’ is closed to new replies.