Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone use a hope pf41 ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Has it put a stop to creaks and how do you change the bearings once fitted? Is the pf41 tool used to remove the bearings or just the fitting of the bb

Frankers
    Free Member

I have a BB92 which I think is the same thing. No creaking

Tool is for fitting BB, not removing bearings

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers do you know how you then remove the bearings other than a blunt instrument lol i was hoping the unit was left in place but ive a feeling its more tools and remove each time. I mailed hope a few days ago but had no reply

RustyMac

I can answer this.

I have a PF41 not had it long but when I got it it was cheaper to buy the BB and tool online than get a LBS to supply and fit.

I asked hope at the time how bearings are replaced and they said it is best to leave the BB in place and use a drift to tap them out. I have a bit of 9mm brass bar for this in my tool box, was something like £4 delivered from evilbay.

(edit) something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Brass-Round-Bar-Rod-8mm-Dia-x-330mm-CZ121-/271293613026 (/edit)

firestarter
    Free Member

Thanks mate does the tool allow you to press the bearings back in too thanks

RustyMac

Yes, yes it does now you mention it.

I knew I didn’t sell it on for a reason, just hadn’t had my first cup of coffee when I posted my first reply.

z1ppy

I’m awaiting delivery of mine (actually a PF46 but same principle), but as per Rusty, when asked Hope said you “drift” out the old bearings and use the tool to fit the new ones… So I’ve bought the tool too.

firestarter
    Free Member

Nice one cheers. New grease solved the creaking for all of 10 miles or so in my token pressfit bb

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone use a hope pf41 ?’ is closed to new replies.