Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone use a Halfords Hozelock for bike washing?
  • psychle
    Free Member

OK then, apparently I'm not allowed to wash my bike(s) in the bath anymore (I don't know what the problem is really, I clean up after myself 🙄 😆 ) I live in a teeny flat in London, with no access to a hose etc… in the past I've just used a bucket, but it's not that effective or efficient…

Anyway, I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the Dirtworker or the Mobiwash (though I do like their V-17 model it's fricken expensive at £149!). Scouting round the interweb, I came across this: Hozelock washer

Looks like it may do the job, thought I'd see if anyone on here has any experience with it (good or bad)?

cheers 8)

njee20
    Free Member

I've got the same thing marketed as a garden sprayer or sommat, it's alright, does a good job when the bike's dusty or the mud's wet. Not much weaker than a Dirt Worker, and the capacity is good, that looks like it may be even bigger.

I wouldn't want to use it to give a really thorough clean, but if you can scrub with a bucket of hot soapy water it'd be good for rinsing afterwards.

clubber
    Free Member

I've used similar before and they do the job fine I find though obviously not as quickly as a pressure washer but equally they're probably better for your bearings/etc.

cp

yeah, they're great. often available from aldi etc.. for about 10 quid, also from b and q in the form of garden sprayers. can get a reasonable pressure to give everything a damping, wash with bucket, soap water and brush, and rinse with sprayer. great for putting in the car and giving bike a quick rinse before driving back – can get most mud off before it crusts over.

chris

robgarrioch

My longest served + most used tool in the garage; the same original unit used for motorbikes, cars, various bicycle washing, plant watering etc. etc. for around 10 years. Wouldn't be without it. Only ever had to replace the lance-end bit once (about £3 off t'internet) + easy to carry in the car if needed. Proper wise investment.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Yep, I've got one too. It's ok if, like others have said, the mud's still wet. I live in the sandy south -east, where we don't have proper mud, so it works. If you live in a clay soil area, it may struggle!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use a Halfords Hozelock for bike washing?’ is closed to new replies.