Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone use 661 Veggie knee/shin combo?
  • Kahurangi

I'm looking for something comfier than the normal knee & shin all-in-one type.

Any users here? Any cop?

Innes
    Free Member

I use Veggie Shin and kyle strait knee pads and it is a good mix.

I didn't like all in one pads, but this combination stays in place much better.

Coyote
    Free Member

The knee pads aren't much kop especially if your fall is on rocky ground. The shins are OK for protecting against pedal rash, but again not much use for a direct strike. To be honest, If you are going to the expense of protection either go for full hard shell or stick to knee only hard shell (Race Face Digs are worth a look) and wear your shin scars with pride.

Xylene
    Free Member

I got some WeThePeople knee pads from CRC for 15 quid two weeks ago and veggie pads for elbows for 15 quid.

Took a bit of getting used to, but I quite like the feeling now.

thomthumb
    Free Member

got the veggie shin /kyle straight knees combo and it's ace.

it is quite bulky on the overlap but it does allow you to wear one at a time if you want/ need. i pull the knee pads down onto my shin for riding up as it agrivates my itb problem.

went to the alps this summer and my mate deided to upgrade to 661 pros but they rubbed him raw; by the end of the week he wanted his veggie/ kyles back! i had no chaffage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use 661 Veggie knee/shin combo?’ is closed to new replies.