Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone up for some (whisper it) road riding in sheffield?
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

recovering from injury and trying to get some miles in.

have nice flexible job so im looking to ride out for one or two mornings a week when im not in the gym. anybody fancy accompanying a fairly unfit (but trying) 26 year old.

im not overly attractive. i do have a sense of humour. and this is not meant to sound like a dating website advert.

north/west sheffield. crookes/walkley area.

finbar
    Free Member

Sheffrec's Sunday ride is a good introductory pace and they stop and wait for everyone to regroup often, might be worth a try?

tracknicko
    Free Member

ill have a look. was hoping to find peeps that would ride mid week. all my off road pals are more available at weekends!

maybe ill have to join a roady club. any good ones around?

finbar
    Free Member

Well, Rutland CC is the best 😆 but the pace might be a bit sharp!

Sheffrec ride on Tues and Thurs evenings too, they've got a website somewhere.

cp

aha! Something just went click and I realised who you are tracknicko 🙂

I'd love to do some mid week riding, but some of us have real jobs so alas can't… unless you wan't to get out after dark/as the nights are drawing out….

Chris (exish currentish neighbour 😉 )

tracknicko
    Free Member

cheers mate. my pace is bad currently. was hoping riding with a group i could have a natter (hide from the wind) and get a bit more miles out of my wonky leg before giving up and going home.

mugsys_m8

Rutland the best? I though tit was dying.
    Sheffrec are the best in Sheff.
    1 Love!

cp

aye – well, would be up for that 🙂 will have to sort a ride at some point

tracknicko
    Free Member

ha ha ha, chris get off the forum then and do some work! (night rides are ON – mtb only though)

gonna head out with sheffrec week on sun, see who they are and how they go. they are heading back to my motherland of lincolnshire so might be a familiar roll out.

steveh

Nick as I'm off work at the moment I'll be up for some riding in the week. Am trying to get some road miles in to work on my fitness.

You've got my number so drop me a text and we'll make a plan for next week.

tracknicko
    Free Member

lets do it bro. im thinking leave 8ish. two hours or so, get in work for eleven?

pace might be steady, bare that in mind. as you know i have one weak leg and another one the size it was when i was 11.

mugsys_m8

Don't know what I typed for it to be a swear word…

Have you been on the Sheffrec website and left a message saying that you're keen to go out with them?

Great Guys. Full of banter. There are some who head out during the working week. But it's not an official club ride as such. Sunday rides are all about the café and no one should be dropeed. Tuesday and Thursday at a faster pace, and many regard them as a training ride, and don't hang around as much on Sundays.

I had a great time with them when I lived in Sheff. Say hi to them form Dan H.

tracknicko
    Free Member

yes done exaclty that, thanks for the tip. ill give the sunday a go. if i dont disgrace myself then ill have a word around and see if anyone is up for a midweek morning scoot.

irony of doing a PhD at 26 is that all your old biking pals (even the proper slack ones) have finally got jobs!

steveh

That sounds good nick, well apart from the going to work bit. That sounds rubbish!

tracknicko
    Free Member

as my post rate might show, there are ways to get over the working bit…

finbar
    Free Member

Rutland the best? I though **** was dying.

Nah. Well, membership is low but there's loads of riders out every Saturday morning!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone up for some (whisper it) road riding in sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.