Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone up?
  • daveh
    Free Member

Keeping an eye on the boy (6 months old), he was running a 39-40°C temp earlier and has a cough that can make him sick. Breathing being monitored. Perhaps a 3rd/4th visit to the docs will help. Rather annoying, iPlayer keeps crapping out. Mammy’s turn in an hour or so, and then to work…

Any other night owls?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pretending to be working down in the Southern hemisphere

daveh
    Free Member

Ah of course, it’s not 3am everywhere! In fact, as the song goes, it’s 5 o clock somewhere, knocking off time. Reckon you should go ride your bike :-). You’ll be telling me next it’s not 1°C outside.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just up for the toilet to Piss what can only be described as pure blood. The joys of a kidney infection. Back to bed till 0600 then work

daveh
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s great to share?!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would go ride my bike if I hadn’t been racing at the weekend – really can’t face sitting on the saddle for a couple more days. It’s a bit cooler now was 37c on Monday and 34 while I was racing on the weekend. Back to a sensible 22c now.

But as you are probably finding out sleep deprivation sucks.

djen83
    Free Member

Urgh Rank! Too much curry consumed the night before, curry and sleep doesn’t seem to get going hand in hand here! Up for work at 0545…

djen83
    Free Member

Urgh Rank! Too much curry consumed the night before, curry and sleep doesn’t seem to be going hand in hand here! Up for work at 0545…

iainc

yep, was in hospital for an op at weekend and sleep pattern screwed up. Downstairs for a cuppa and will try again shortly but not wanting to waken family

daveh
    Free Member

Seems we all have our crosses to bear, except mike who is sitting pretty ATM! The pins and needles in my fingers say I need to get my arm out from under this boy but he’s not going to like that..!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

except mike who is sitting pretty

seriously sitting isn’t pretty, it’s just more tolerable than walking round.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yup been up since 6am – 5 month old daughter decided it was time to rise. Have since cooked breakfast, tidied the kitchen, run the hoover round, played with bub until she was too tired to even consider feeding, put her to bed, done a load of washing, hung out washing, played on CoD 4 and had a couple of coffees.

This 4 day working week suits me. Watching some UCI downhill on TV and going out on the bike when the missus gets some in a couple of hours (It’s 1pm here, 26c with a lovely sea breeze).

Time to fire up the coffee machine again and have a couple of chocolare hob-nobs.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

9am here in Mauritius and already hot! Just had breakfast in bed now off on a catamaran to do some snorkelling off the coral reef. Making the most of it. I heard it’s raining back home.

Hope your boys ok

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

4pm Sydneyside. Another couple of hours work, training, then out for hotdogs and beers. It’s 30-ish degrees, which is lovely

stewartc
    Free Member

Eating lunch, its nice

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Yep. I’m up, a quick coffee then out the door for a 90 min road ride before work. It looks very cold and wet out there.

BB

Squidlord
    Free Member

Snowy 6.30am in Czech. Trains are disrupted, so got up early to drive my daughter to school. But she’s caught a bad cold from waiting an hour for the train yesterday. Might as well start working…

bearnecessities

Some smug ******* on here 8)

5:30 in Yorkshire. Porridge, then sit on a motorway for 2 hours.

Bregante

Just in from a freezing night shift – 3rd week in a row!*

I would be straight off to bed but I have to try and stay awake til I drop the kids at school.

*can’t complain. I haven’t done any nights for the last 3 years.

forge197
    Free Member

Awake since 4am hacking cough total,sleep 3 hrs last night!!

woody21
    Free Member

Yep – always up at this time

batfink
    Free Member

if its an consolation, an hour after this:

4pm Sydneyside. Another couple of hours work, training, then out for hotdogs and beers. It’s 30-ish degrees, which is lovely

it’s really clouded over – looks like a repetition of last nights massive thunderstorm is on the way. Still hot though.

Ten past five…. off to the pub

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Yeah I know 🙁

Last night I was out on a boat in the harbour, lightning all around… but never actually got rained on until just before catching the 333 from Oxford St at about 11. And then of course it had already passed through Bondi

May not be so lucky tonight

darrell
    Free Member

up since 4:30 playing with the 2 yr old and his Brio train set.

0 C outside and icy as

the first snows wont be long now…

antigee

Watching youngest at ice hockey training then the joy of rush hour traffic
    I would ring GP line if you have such a thing or go to A&E not a pro only a parent but for a 6month old thats quite a temp hospital should do tests to find route cause

batfink
    Free Member

before catching the 333 from Oxford St

I live on crown/Gouldburn *waves*

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Hiya Batfink! *waves back*

daveh
    Free Member

Docs seem to be having trouble correctly using the phone, little man is off to a&e. As above, best to get him checked over, we went through something similar with no. 1 which involved a drip, antibiotics and a nebuliser…

antigee

good luck – as in hope get some reasonable help and answers – them small people need a lot of out of hours maintenance 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

Crap night last night, bike was nicked, and car broke down.
    Shouldn’t have left the house.

bearnecessities

That’s Badnewz.

(sorry)

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone up?’ is closed to new replies.