Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone tried TrainerRoad.Com
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trainer Raod
    Feeds the ANT data from a garmin into your PC for live analysis (on the turbo obviously)

now normally I’d skip this but since I’m broken and have a new turbo on the way it might get a go for $10(US) a month.

crazybaboon

Yes, really like it, use it with sufferfest videos and a tacx flow, which Trainerroad has a power curve for.
    Check how you’re going to pay, my bank makes a charge as its an American payment

Shred
    Free Member

I like it. I’m using it to help with my training for La Marmotte later this year. I have a Kurt Kinetic trainer which has a very good power curve so gives repeatable power numbers.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

looks interesting…..might give it a try.

I have a garmin 500 and a tacx flow turbo (with power) is this all i need or do i also need to purchase a ant+ stick?

I also use a mac, it seems to suggest this will be okay?

Finally, for payment, is it best to use a credit card?

Thanks in advance

JB

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From what I read you need to ant stick to.get the info from the sensors to the computer.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

or do i also need to purchase a ant+ stick?

Yes, you’ll need a USB ANT stick so that your Garmin can talk to your Mac

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Yes, you’ll need a USB ANT stick so that your Garmin can talk to your Mac

cheers chef…….where’s best (cheapest) to get one? does it have to be a garmin specific one?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Head into the faq what do I need section

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been using trainerroad for the past couple of months. Use it on a mac and have a powertap hub for power. All works really well. A good selection of workouts and programs. Not used it with sufferfest, just tend to watch something on iplayer or c4 player with trainer road as a horizontal strip across the bottom of the screen. Takes much of the tedium out of turbo sessions.

Had a bit of a problem at the start getting the powertap hub to work with it but a little fiddling and it’s now fine. Did email them with some queries and had very prompt support.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cheers guys…. i’m guessing my tacx flow power reading won’t be compatible though?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[/quote]cheers guys…. i’m guessing my tacx flow power reading won’t be compatible though?

Is it on either of these lists?

http://support.trainerroad.com/entries/20636866-what-hardware-do-i-need-to-use-trainerroad
    http://www.trainerroad.com/virtual-power

HTTP404
    Free Member

Tacx flow is listed as a beta.
    numbered 83 to 86.

Been using it for a few months now and the structuring to workouts has been brilliant.

njee20
    Free Member

From what I can tell though the trainers in their list are ones they have a calculated power curve for, based on your speed/cadence and the resistance of the trainer – hence why it needs incremental resistance stages. Or did I misread that? So if you’ve got the speed/cadence sensor it will give you a power output, it just may not be taking it straight from the turbo. I think…

Looks clever.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah speed and cadence with a profile of the trainer gives the power output. Will see soon I reckon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried TrainerRoad.Com’ is closed to new replies.