Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone tried to leave Virgin Media recently? Did they offer much?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

Looking at other providers as our net speeds change hugely!

Right now I am getting 0.5mbps last night I was getting 8mbps and I'm paying for 20mbps.

Just want to know if they are likely to offer anything if I say I'm off to Sky?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I`m in the same boat as you , always had cable broadband , but had good offer from sky … may see what they say at the weekend ..
    You have nothing to lose ?
    Go for it

clubber
    Free Member

A couple of years but I got something like £20 a month off my bill when I said I wanted to leave for sky. In fact, my bill has it on as "sky discount"

tron
    Free Member

Yep. Haranguing. Pack of arseholes.

white101

I'm with Virgin and I rang my brother in Tokyo couple of weekends back, £34.60 for 45mins! Rang up to 'have a quiet word'/'rant' and was told I could have it for 3p a min if I agreed to pay a £1.50 a month surcharge?
    It's like bloody Ryanair
    I've had to knock the sky sports package on the head £21 a month, please! think of the bike bits that could amount to over a year.

Riofer
    Free Member

I had eratic speed for a few months earlier in the year. Spent ages checking everyting my end. Once I knew it was them I phoned every night to complain for a week, got a big credit on my next bill and whatever the problem was it got sorted pretty soon. Annoying to deal with but when it is working it is a good solid connection

Special_ized_Jamie

Got 30% off my bill and a new Wireless N router to replace the old one which may or may not be the cause of the problem,

Well worth the 15min phone call!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Aha. Mine's been shite on and off for a month. Might give them a call.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I had the same issue it started in Feb. I got my mac for free (was still in contract) and marched off to idnet 😀
    The speed issue is down to them not having the infrastructure to cope with the usage, basically during peak times everyone is throttled to stupid low speeds. Do yourself a favour and leave them and find a decent isp.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried to leave Virgin Media recently? Did they offer much?’ is closed to new replies.