Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anyone tried the 'widget' chain guide?
  • neil853
    Free Member

Could be just the ticket for my ltc as there’s nothing clamped by the bb that will interfere with the lower pivot. But has anybody tried one?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

linky?

neil853
    Free Member

I’m on a smart phone and don’t know how to link sites, type in widget chain guide into Google and its there

keavo
    Free Member

yes, didn’t work on my bikes. the inner guide hit the chainstay. bikes in question were a niner sir9 and salsa big mama.

big_scot_nanny

http://www.widgit.com.au/

this one? Widgit?

I have one, 28t, silver one off (found the chap very helpful, but then I didn’t have to return it 😉 )

worked fine, except in mud. There’s nowhere for it to go and just gets trapped in there grinding the chain down. Same with leaves, stones, frogs and other trail detritus you really don’t want stuck round your chainrings every revolution.

So, fine in Nevada/Utah and possible Oz, pap in Europe if it’s been even remotely wet.

Kev

neil853
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the one. Looks really tempting due to fitting issues. Hmm but it seems they’re not without fault…..

neil853
    Free Member

Bump for the daytime lot 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

Anyone else tried one?

singlespeedstu

Where’s bonesetter when you need him?

AlexSimon

I was interested for a while, but then I tried 32 on the front with 36 on the back and found it surprisingly doable.
    It saves me a fortune, so I’ll give that a go first. A cheap non-ramped 32 ring will be bought.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I’m sure Straitline did something similar a couple years ago.

EDIT: They did but now they don’t.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Surely a market for an equivalent that bolted onto your granny ring mount, then you could use a bash where the outer would fit. And run whatever chainrings you want? Would that make sense or is that too simple an idea? Suppose clearance would be the issue.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Neil, what is about the BB clamped ones that you find clashes with the lower pivot? I’ve just fitted an E13 XCX using the BB mount to my Nomad with no trouble at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anyone tried the 'widget' chain guide?’ is closed to new replies.