Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone tried the On-One enduro helmet?
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience of these?

robz400
    Free Member

I bought the Carnac one and its great… fits me better and i cant see any difference to the giro feature or specialized vice that its replaced…

bomberman
    Free Member

They are really good value and they look great but can’t find any reviews anywhere

ThePinkster

Bought one week before last (seemed rude to refuse at less than 20 quid) and it’s the best fitting & most comfortable helmet I’ve worn.

Not been worn in anger yet though – getting its first proper test on Sunday hopefully.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How’s the fit compared to the Feature? Feature was too short front to back for me.

robz400
    Free Member

I found the medium giro a little loose but the medium carnac is perfect….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m in the large or XL sizes (63-64cm depending on the model) so that doesn’t bode well

ajantom

Pluses – The small fits my tiny, tiny (for a man) head. Comfy fit, and good adjustment. Cheap as chips, and looks quite nice.

Minuses – Finish is a bit cheap looking, very hot, and the killer for me was the non-adjustable peak that sits annoyingly far into the top of my field of vision.

For the money it’s a good helmet. But it has too many little problems to be an every day helmet for me. I’ve kept it as a spare/emergency helmet.

mrbotticelli

Haven’t tried the on-one helmet, but it looks remarkably similar to the GT Avalanche helmet that Tredz are selling for £17.99 delivered.

GT Avalanche Helmet @ Tredz

I have one of the GT helmets in XL and not sure about keeping it as it has limited/no padding at the rear and sits against the back of my head, I read similar comments about the on-one before buying the GT.

digger95
    Free Member

Have been using it for ~1 year. I like the long fixed peak as keeps rain off my glasses better than other helmets. Also great winter commuter helmet as its warm. The main thing about it is its for round heads not long heads. My mate couldn’t wear it as it wedged front to back and had too much room side to side. Our heads are the smae circumference. Not sure how to determine what shape head you have without trying it…

dufusdip
    Free Member

Didn’t like it as it was too hot and not enough vents although the coverage was good. Has sat in a cupboard since the first ride.

Found an end of range catlike that advertised as mtb and was much better airflow for 30 quid.

Mackem

I got the Carnac one. It’s ok, find the visor a bit too big and gets in the way if i’m less than sat upright.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the On-One enduro helmet?’ is closed to new replies.