Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone tried the new Nobby Nics 2.4" Snake Skins / Evo / Triple Nano Compound?
  • Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

As title really, whats your thoughts? (its going on a HT for xc & trail centre duties)

Strong enough for a big fella?

Puncture resistance any good?

Wear rate?

What say you? 😀

stevenieve
    Free Member

Have the sort of similar Racing Ralph 2.4's
    They're a light and grippy enough tyre, fast rolling too but they're absolutely horrendous for punctures. Never had so many flats in the last 6 months. Enough is enough!
    Going back to Maxxis, give thier Ardents a go next time, sacrificing the weight saving for hopefully more puncture resistance.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Yes, I have the new ones and have run the previous incarnations for years. A fantastic all round tyre that is surely burly enough for trail centres. I am 95kg, run them tubeless and have never had any puncture or sidewall issues.

bluebird
    Free Member

Yes, I had a set on my hardtail for exactly that kind of riding and had no problems with them, but to be honest I don't think they're £15 better per tyre than other tyres.

RepacK
    Free Member

Ive got them on my Blur LT & so far, so good..

Whyte1
    Free Member

Maxxis Highroller or Bontrager XR4's Better cornering , more reliable and corner far better .As above the Ardent look very good too .

Zoolander
    Free Member

Love them. Can go to unbelievably low pressures due to the height of them, they are massive! They grip in corners fantastically and haven't had any of those p word things (can't say the word it'll jinx me) am considering running them tubeless though. Really sturdy tyres.

coogan
    Free Member

Nobby Nics are easily the worst, weakest, multi puncturing, squishly, shitty tyres I've ever used. Utter garbage.

pinches
    Free Member

in contrast to the above, i really like my nobby nic/racing ralph combo in 2.25 front (triple nano Evo) and ralph rear 2.1

ashfanman
    Free Member

I run a 2.25" Evo on at the front on my hardtail. Had it for a year, never punctured. Same story with the Racing Ralph on the back.

That said, not sure I'll be replacing them when they do wear out – they're £45 a pop!

neninja
    Free Member

I run the same combo as above – nobby nic 2.25 Evo front and 2.1 racing ralph evo on the back.

Both run tubeless with Stans – had plenty of thorns in them – just pull them out when I spot one. I'll never go back to tubes.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I also run 2.25 NN/RR combo, but tubeless version, with stan's sealant.
    Probably the best tyre combo I've ever used. Never had a puncture, great grip in all weather and conditions. I'd avoid them if you're prone to tearing sidewalls, ie lots of rocks or slate on local trails, other than that, faultless.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the new Nobby Nics 2.4" Snake Skins / Evo / Triple Nano Compound?’ is closed to new replies.