Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone tried the new Mavic mtb tyre?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

I’m currently running Hans Dampfs at the moment and to be honest I’m not overly impressed, I’m not sure what all the love for them is about, plus all the knobbles are breaking off! So I’m looking Wat replacements and I quite like the look of the new crossmax tyres by Mavic, is anyone on here using them yet and if so what are your thoughts??

Phil

philbert31
    Free Member

Bump

patriotpro
    Free Member

I thought they were selling as a ‘wheel-system’ only so not available separately.

The review I read wasn’t favourable anyway.

philbert31
    Free Member

You can buy them on a few sites, I thought they were just ust tyres?? What review was that??

patriotpro
    Free Member

Sorry, just looked again, the review wasn’t bad after all (dirt mag).

fudge9202
    Free Member

get rubber queens black chili, great grip and great wear, whats not to like!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

The punctures fudge. I feel the carcass on them is too light and so not ideal for aggressive riding, no wonder Dan Atherton rides them at 45 psi.

What didn’t you like about the HD’s philbert? another lover of them here so just curious.

chiefgrooveguru

The punctures fudge. I feel the carcass on them is too light and so not ideal for aggressive riding, no wonder Dan Atherton rides them at 45 psi.

The UST versions roll just as fast (despite being heavier) and are properly tough. Run them at 20-30psi (lower front / higher back, lower wet / higher dry).

philbert31
    Free Member

I just don’t think they’re all that grippy and sometimes a little sketchy, I’m running them tubeless and at reasonably low pressures, around 23psi on the front and 26psi on the back, plus the fact that the knobbles are starting to break off?? I just think that at £50 per end they’re a little lacking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the new Mavic mtb tyre?’ is closed to new replies.