Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone tried the new 2013 Enduro S Works?
  • dan45a
    Free Member

I’m considering a new frame only purchase as can’t find a used medium anywhere and my LBS can do a tempting deal.

They have had some amazing reviews (as they should at that price)stating the 2013 model climbs better and descends just as well, but looking for anyone with first hand experience…

Is it a good one bike solution? Is it really worth the money?

ddmonkey

I’ve not ridden a 2013 bike but I have a 2011 XL Spec Enduro as my only MTB, and I think it is excellent. If the new one if as good or better then it should be fine. I love the short back end and long front end geometry, mine is a big bike but still feels really lively and manouverable, and it climbs very well despite 1 x 10 gearing and the travel, I have 170mm forks on the front. Not sure if I’d go a size smaller if I was still in the UK, probably not. If they made a 2013 carbon frame in XL I’d be seriously considering upgrading to get a lighter version. The only thing I dislike is the fact that the shock has to be custom for the frame which means its hard to try different shocks but the standard shocks are good. I doubt you would be dissapointed if you got one, I can really recommend getting a size bigger than you think you need and running a really short stem, makes for an really confidence inspiring bike.

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks ddmonkey, thats good feedback. Funny you say about the size, I sat on a new 2013 comp, in medium and it did feel quite short (espeically compared to a yeti medium).

The s works comes with a ccdb air which ideally should be best of both worlds in wieght vs performance.

Anyone else got any feedback?

Tracey

Ive got a 2011 S Works carbon Enduro. Its my third enduro and they just get better. It climbs great and decends even better. Ive used it all over the UK and in the Alps. Its a medium and fits me fine.

stuarty
    Free Member

Gits

badllama
    Free Member

I’ve not had my Enduro 2011 Expert that long but in that time I think it climbs better than my previous Camber 2012 TBH. 🙂 Even though it comes in at 900 grams heavier.(which is bugger all really)

The S-Works would no doubt be alot lighter so even better IMO

Tracey

My S Works is alot lighter than Kevins Expert

mrplow
    Free Member

I find my 06 enduro better than my 2012 enduro. I think the new one will be an absolute stonker but the price is slightly off putting.. 😯

orangeboy
    Free Member

The cane creek shock should make the sworks frame a lot better than the older ones ,
    Don’t think you will see many in shops

My 2011 enduro evo came down to 30.5 ish pounds and made a good all round ride

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks all for the responses. I’ve done the deal and collecting it later today ready for eastridge enduro tomorrow. I’ve got the enduro CCDB shock tuning settings off the cane creek site ready to dial in.

I’ll post a pic soon as I can…. Pretty damn excited now!!

iridebikes
    Free Member

I didn’t realise they sold them as a frame only? Otherwise my transition would have had some competition

chakaping
    Free Member

You sir, are a jammy git.

🙂

dan45a
    Free Member

I must say I feel super excited… I’d pondered for months over what to get trying different 650b 29er and 26er bikes.

In the end the hassle of new wheels, forks, tyres was too
    much outlay on top of a frame.

Anyone interested in a mint condition orange alpine 160 2012 with ccdb coil in plasma blue let me know… I’ll be listing in the coming days with photos..

RobHilton
    Free Member

The cane creek shock should make the sworks frame a lot better than the older ones

How about an 06 with a CCDB?

vikingboy
    Free Member

Enduro’s rock. Dont think they made a bad one 06->current.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I agree with vikingboy ^^^
    Love my ’11 comp and its my only do it all bike .

racefaceec90

i have no personal experience with enduro’s,but one of the guys from the bike shop i go to has just bought himself a 13 s works enduro.it looks lovely (he also has a titanium orange ht,merlin tit road bike e.t.c so he is a lucky sod). am not jealous in the slightest 🙂

dan45a
    Free Member

Here it is….

S Works enduro by dan45a, on Flickr

Feels very light considering the build. Have setup shocks and contact points ready for tomorrow’s enduro at eastridge.

Should be a good test 🙂

Got to be the most excited I’ve ever been about a bike!!

J273
    Free Member

Looks lovely that:)

Would love to replace my 2010 s-works with one .

If you don’t mind me asking where did you get the frame from ? I know bikescene had a few which I missed out on 🙁

Rosss
    Free Member

Oh.My.God

Anyone want a mint Stumpy and a 1 ride old Glory? I need one of those and life will not be the same until I buy one.

dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks mate.

It’s from don skene cycles in cardiff, I buy all my bikes from there and they had one left of 3. I thought these had all gone last month….
    I went in after asking about a Bronson c orignally but the cost and faffing around with new forks and wheels made the price scary.

Then they offered me a good deal on the sworks, I’d always wanted one and the price was right 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

Go on then.How much was the build.. 😉

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

That looks ace!!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Very nice indeed sir !

ddmonkey

Looks really nice with the CCDB, I am really dissapointed there is no Carbon XL frame this year. What size did you go for in the end and how tall are you?

dan45a
    Free Member

ddmonkey – It’s a medium size, I’m 5’8″. I would say it comes up small for a medium, especially compared to my yeti.

Used the sworks at eastridge enduro today (excellent day) and it was faultless, descends just as we’ll as my orange alpine, but climbs like a mountain gloat, especially good on technical climbs, hooking up on roots and rocks well.

mandog

want

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the new 2013 Enduro S Works?’ is closed to new replies.