Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone tried the lee valley velo park yet?
  • captaindanger

Only 8km so not long, and the main “hill” is a bridge over a motorway. Was thinking of giving it a go today though…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Report back. When I rode at the velodrome it was finished but not open. Looked horrible – like a trail across a bomb-site scattered with lumps of shattered concrete.

captaindanger

Just got back, that sounds about right, I could only bear about an hour of it. It’s basically a series of narrow straight lines connected by tight corners with a gravelly topping and what I can only describe as speed bumps and “technical” sections with lumps of concrete embedded. The blacks have a few rollable drops which would concern beginners but that’s about it. Pretty lacking in fun tbh, it’s difficult to see who it would appeal to (needless to say I was the only one there).

It’s a real shame, as there have been some decent traisl built in small spaces. The actual XC course in be fleet has significantly more longevity I think.

I won’t be bothering again (the bmx track and velodrome look great though!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried the lee valley velo park yet?’ is closed to new replies.