Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone tried Ortho K lenses? (alternatives to contacts)
  • spooky_b329

I have put up with dry and tired eyes from contact lenses for years, never been entirely happy with them. A friend has just recommended Ortho K lenses, you wear them overnight and they reshape the eye to correct the focus, then you take them out and have 20-20 vision during the day. After a while you can miss out the odd night and still have good vision the following day.

Looking for any other recommendations for or against, getting fed up of trialling alternative lenses every week at the opticians! (glasses don’t work very well on rainy night rides!)

http://www.orthoklenses.com/home.htm

aP
    Free Member

My optician was talking about them about 2 years ago. I believe that those patients who’ve taken them up are pleased with them. We have had one attempt with contacts and don’t talk about it any more.

T666DOM

The concept above is correct but you might find your vision blurs as the day wears on as your corneas reshape themselves to their original curvature. You have to bear in mind you’ll be wearing a rigid contact lens all night, might not be the nicest thing if you already suffer from CL related dryness etc.

If Ortho K doesn’t work out for you the latest generation of silicone hydrogel materials are being released in daily disposables which should (in theory) limit dryness and tiredness.

You could also make sure your tear film is up to scratch, make sure your eyes are lubricating your contact lenses properly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Ortho K lenses? (alternatives to contacts)’ is closed to new replies.