Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone tried hypnotism?
  • tails
    Free Member

What happened did it work, I’m very cynical in regards to it when you see they have different prices for weight loss or stopping smoking, surely it’s all the same1

Anyway I would like to stop biting my nails or smoking both oral related. I’m thinking of starting with my nail biting, as I manage to not smoke nearly all week as it is and only have a 10 pack at the weekend.

Anyway I’d like to hear if it actually works or am I going to end up behaving like a chicken! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes. You have.

Now, when I click my fingers, you will believe you are TJ…..

*CLICK*

sugdenr
    Free Member

I have seen it in action and can confirm it works – hence you will never ever in a million years get me to undergo it.

Unintended consequences – isnt that what Paul McKenna was sued for?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My Doctor referred me to help with my anxiety. It’s been incredible, I can’t pin point what triggers panic attacks but I now have more control over them once they occur. Sadly the service is no longer on the NHS but it’s changed my life.

Ask your doctor for a recommended hypnotist,

zippykona

I went and I thought it was rubbish till the man asked me to lift my finger if I could here him. I couldn’t lift it and that’s when I knew it worked.

grantway
    Free Member

I remember i was with a friend whom saw a person about stopping smoking
    he used this tapping of the finger on the forehead and chest and saying
    certain words and for my friend to repeat.
    After he had finished she turned around and said what a load of Rollocks
    that was and got a fag out.

Has catflees says see your Doctor and get advice on a proper Hypnotist

druidh
    Free Member

tails
    Free Member

Now, when I click my fingers, you will believe you are TJ…..

hahaha! I guess it’s better than being fred!

Thanks Catflees I may well do that, being a doctor must be quite funny at times!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes I have, I’m a believer.

Having tested out self hipnosis and observed others in both clinical and entertainment scenarios I’d say it’s a very good tool to have.

A few years back I went on this management course, NLP was involved and being new to the elements of self hipnosis I thought I’d give it a go, being BiHipnoCurious and all that. Well as the week went by and techniques dished out it became blatently obvious as to who was starting to use some of these techniques, with some rather funny consiquences.

It’s a very dangerous tool IMHO, you need to have some fairly strict moral rules if you intend to use it on anyone other than yourself.

I find the whole hipno stuff fascinating, Paul McK being one of the most prolific user and really rather good at it.

“I beleive, I beleive”

P20

Yes, fantastic very relaxing experience. It did work, but i didn’t build on it and the benefits lapsed. I’ve since resolved the problem naturally

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Depends if you’re going into it with an open mind, if not, don’t bother. If you are then its got to be worth a go eh?

I’ve still got a tape of a session I went to to a guy in Bolton and every time I’ve got to a point where I feel really low or am not sleeping again I use it every night before going to sleep and within a few days feel great again.

I wouldn’t bother with someone who’s not experienced or buying a CD off ebay you need a consultation with someone proper first so they can tailor it to what you need.

Good Luck! x

tails
    Free Member

What actually is it they do, as all I can think of is a man with a watch saying sleepy! Although as abouve there is obviously more to it than that.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yep, treated on NHS when younger to address what was “habitual” scratching of my eczema. It worked, and I still use some of the techniques today for relaxation.

It can only build on what you already want though.

5AM
    Free Member

“I beleive, I beleive”

Can they hypnotise you so that you can spell correctly? 😀

brassneck

My sister did to quit smoking. She was sceptical, but it apparently worked – claimed they they tasted odd when she did try them, and didn’t feel any urge too.

I went the patches and willpower route so years ago. I probably spent as much on patches as she did on a couple of hypno sessions – and subsequently found I could have probably got them on presecription.

Cougar

I’ve a friend who quit smoking after a session.

I’ve an open mind about it. I’ve never been hypnotised, but I’d love someone to do it successfully to me so that I could know for sure.

The only experience I’ve had has been stage / group hypnosis, and I’m apparently ‘not susceptible,’ which is the sort of random trousers which makes me think that what I actually am is not daft enough to pretend to be hypnotised.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered with spellcheck, you get the point though.

Picto
    Free Member

Dabbled with guided imagery. Used it to focus on sustaining effort level in time trials. Found it pretty effective. I think the key like moat things is to find practitioners who you have confidence in. GP or friends /colleagues who have experience.

It is often used in paychotherapy/counselling and can be incredibly powerful and beneficial if used effectively. Challenge is identifying practitioners who understand the hypnosis element and how to treat conditions. Being registered to professional bodies is no guarantee of this.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I went to a hypnotist once for stopping smoking bollocks.

It was so boring…I lit up the second I left his office.

Cougar

Have you tried smoking cigarettes instead? They’re a more convenient shape.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bollocks fit nicely into a pipe Cougar. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried hypnotism?’ is closed to new replies.