Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone tried Huel?
  • wwaswas

My wife’s looking at it as a meal replacement ‘food’.

Any experiences?

onehundredthidiot

I think it’s called huel because that’s the sound you make when you eat it.

vickypea
    Free Member

No, but I watched Dave Gorman talk about it
    😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    monkeychild
    Free Member

No, but I watched Dave Gorman talk about it

Now that was glorious!! I laughed my head off. Human Fuel!! What else would it be?

OMG they have a forum!!! Huel

prawny

The Dave Gorman thing was hilarious. My boss ‘uses’ it, she thinks it’s ace, she’s a moron.

I like to use proper food, and heroin.

wwaswas

Anyone who doesn’t watch dave gorman like to comment?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

footflaps

Is it Tuesday already?

Kryton57

My wife’s looking at it as a meal replacement ‘food’.

Why?

footflaps

Why?

I assume she likes the thought of eating dead people…..

explosifpete
    Free Member

I tried it. Tastes nice and I felt full up and seemed to have plenty of energy.
    But! I’ve never farted so much and had to run to the toilet, which is why I stopped it after a couple days

wwaswas

We’ve been married 22 years. I’ve learnt that all things pass and just to go with the flow. Asking why just makes thing complicated.

Ostensibly because she wants to have a breakfast that will keep her going to lunch but still be relatively low calorie. I imagine three a bit of magic weight loss bullet going on too but don’t say I said that.

Kryton57

she wants to have a breakfast that will keep her going to lunch but still be relatively low calorie.

Two poached eggs with avocado, a few chilli flakes on one piece of granary toast.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Greek yoghurt (Not Greek style rubbish), mixed nuts and honey can keep me going well into the afternoon.

Flaperon

The Register ran a piece about it a few months ago. Seemed relatively positive.

Not sure I could face it while it’s hot cross buns season at M&S, though.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

The Dave Gorman thing was hilarious

Mmmmmmm 😐 just can’t imagine him being hilarious on any subject

onlysteel
    Free Member

For breakfast? Can you flavour it with bacon and brown sauce on a floury bap?

chvck
    Free Member

I can see the attractiveness of it. I possibly wouldn’t want it every meal but days when I feel uninspired, or I’m running short on time, to cook etc.. it’d be a quick, easy alternative. I find it’s easier in a relationship to cook as you can share it but when I was single finishing work at 5:30, out riding at 6:15 and and not getting in until gone 10 I think it’d have been ideal for those occasions. As far as I know these things tend to be full of the nutrients that you need from diet n all.
    I previously tried a pack of Joylent as a mate was using it, it made my mouth comes out in tiny bumps so I didn’t try it again…

Spin
    Free Member

Huel kept appearing on my FB timeline for some reason so I posted the ‘Soylent Green is People!!!!!’ clip on their page. In their defence they did take it in good humour. I’m sure they’d heard it before.

DrP

Funny enough,I was listening to a podcast (stuff you should know, “soylent” episode, free..)

I think it’s the American version of huel

DrP

whatgoesup

I bought some. Kind of like eating/drinking very watered down porridge – you can add other stuff to it for flavour.

I’ve come to use is an alternative to junk food when theres no time to do anything better – when work runs over lunch, when driving early for some breakfast etc

I wouldnt want it more then occasionally as it would be pretty dull!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Huel?’ is closed to new replies.