Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone tried Fulcrum wheels?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Red Metal 5

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

I've got Racing 7's on my road bike – excellent wheels!

kamina
    Free Member

I was considering them (the new burlier trail wheelset), and did what I have always done (with wheels). I emailed them to ask what conversion options there are, and where I can get spare spokes (since no shops list them).

It took two weeks for an answer, and they could not answer either question. I decided to go for something else (ended up with Industry 9).

That said, I have two friends with wheels from them and they are very happy.

GJP
    Free Member

Only experience of the their low end road wheels, the racing 5's.

For the money I thought they were excellent compared with their competitors – probably because they appeared stiffer and I thought this in part compensated for their weight penalty over a lighter Mavic high end wheels

tinribz
    Free Member

I got some Red Metal 5s, like em, look burly with the oversized hubs but they are actually really light, XC wheels?

Would miss the silent freewheel if I had to change.

Wheels are wheels though, they go round, what much more is there to say?

finbar
    Free Member

I had Fulcrum Racing Sevens on a Focus i bought. Contrary to OGS's opinion, i thought they were absolute sh1te. Heavy, not very stiff, stupidly loud freewheel which is ridiculously expensive to replace, horrid skewers, and the bearings in the front gave up after not very long at all. Worse than Shimano R500s at half the price.

Maybe the MTB wheels are better, but i wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.

tinribz
    Free Member

These are mine:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26437

Bargain at that price.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Fulcrum Red Metal 5's here, i run 2 pairs, done the alps and 2 winters so far, never had to touch them

The racing 7 road wheels are crap though, the 3's are however loads better and the Racing 1's even better again

dickie
    Free Member

I've got Red Metal 3's with UST rims. Had no issues with them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried Fulcrum wheels?’ is closed to new replies.